SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#189205 - 07/02/03 05:48 PM To all experts - advice needed on my setup
The Accordionist Offline

Greetings all -

I have been reading with great interest how some of you set up your equipment for gigs. I have been very impressed with your setups.

I need some advice please on what you would recommend for my setup. Here are the pieces and what I am thinking.

I have a Motion-Sound KP200S that sits on a Quik-Lok amplifier stand.

I also have a Millenium Reedless Accordion rackmount module. This module is about the size of an old VCR. Probably two or three rack units high. I also have the Ketron KD3 module - not rackmountable. As I play I need to have access to the Ketron to change registrations, etc. The footswitch is nice but I'll still need to see and change settings on the module.

I was thinking about purchasing an SKB 12-space equipment rack - see link please -(http://www.music123.com/Item/?itemno=53552)
and putting a rackmountable Furhman power protector in the top slot, the Millenium module in the second slots, and adding the SKB rackmountable drawer. I could thus store all cables, headphones, mics, etc, in the drawer.

Here's the part I don't like - I'd have to set the Ketron XD3 on top of the SKB rack. I think this would look cheesy - also it's unsteady. Sure I could velcro it or tie it down but it's just not clean.

I also don't like running my equipment out of basically a storage rack, but it is nice that I could just put on the front and back covers after a gig and haul the whole thing away.

Any thoughts are appreciated. Thanks.

#189206 - 07/02/03 10:12 PM Re: To all experts - advice needed on my setup
Dnj Offline

Post a few pics if you can of your setup. This might give someone and idea of how to help you.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online