SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#208889 - 06/11/03 10:02 PM Recording direct to a Creative Labs Nomad
The Accordionist Offline

Well, since the bulk of my questions were cluttering up another thread, I thought I'd start a new thread with my questions.

I have a Millenium reedless accordion. The sound module has two outs - L & R. Simple enough. I would like to use a Creative Labs Nomad to record the Millenium live, i.e., exactly what I play on the Millenium is recorded digitally on the Nomad. I heard the recordings The Pro made with this setup and was very impressed.

The Nomad has a single 1/8" line in. It records in stereo. How do I connect the Millenium sound module into this? I have to use two separate 1/4" plugs from the L&R outs on my sound module and I assume I would need to purchase an 1/8" male to dual 1/4" female adapter to accept these cables. I then have no volume or level control, so the thought of a cheap mixer comes to mind. Could I buy a little Behringer with four inputs and run the two 1/4" cables from the sound module into the mixer, and also run the 1/8" line in from the Nomad into the mixer as well?

I'm a little confused. If anybody can help out that would be most appreciated.

Thank you.

#208890 - 06/11/03 10:31 PM Re: Recording direct to a Creative Labs Nomad
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
The little Behringer would work great. Or you could get the cord. I prefer to use a mixer.
DonM

#208891 - 06/11/03 10:45 PM Re: Recording direct to a Creative Labs Nomad
The Accordionist Offline

Thanks Don. I'm looking at the UB802 with 6 inputs. It should do the trick.

#208892 - 06/12/03 01:20 AM Re: Recording direct to a Creative Labs Nomad
MacAllcock Offline

Loc: Preston, Lancashire, England
If you can get a good deal on a small mixer, fair enough. But you'll still have to get the output from the mixer to the Nomad. And the mixer probably will be 1/4 jack or phono output anyhow.... so you'll still need an adapter lead of some form!

You can get all sorts of combinations of plugs and sockets on cables at computer stores.

#208893 - 06/12/03 05:55 AM Re: Recording direct to a Creative Labs Nomad
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
You'll also need a 1/8" stereo to 2 1/4" jacks in order to play back through two channels. Also a 1/8" to 1/8" stereo if you want to play through your car radio (if it has an auxiliary in). I would also get a 1/8" inch to two RCA jacks, so you will have every situation covered. Radio Shack has them all.
DonM

#208894 - 06/12/03 09:12 AM Re: Recording direct to a Creative Labs Nomad
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Check out the Alesis Multimix6FX..It looks very simular to the Behringer, it would be an in between model with effects[it has the Alesis effects, that are different than Behringer]..I think they are made in the same factory..

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online