SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#123096 - 05/08/03 02:26 PM Geez! No wonder people get so confused if an arranger is pro or not!
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
One of the main reasons the toy stereotype is on many arrangers is because of retailers too.. I was just at www.sweetwater.com and they have the 9000 Pro, and the Tyros listed under the homekeyboard section, yet they list the PA-60, PA-80, and the Roland VA-76 under the pro keyboard section...

Squeak
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#123097 - 05/08/03 03:02 PM Re: Geez! No wonder people get so confused if an arranger is pro or not!
freddynl Offline

Loc: netherlands
Squeak,
It probably has more to do with the way the brand is marketing their product.
Roland allways is marketing their top of the line arrangers as pro-keyboard, while Yamaha does not make that difference.
So they have probably just taken over the marketing policy of the brand to advertise.

Nevertheless I think arrangers are still very unknown and undervalued by a lot of pro-musicians too.

#123098 - 05/08/03 03:38 PM Re: Geez! No wonder people get so confused if an arranger is pro or not!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hello.

Personally I wouldn’t worry about.
A label will not make the keyboard sound any better so, who cares if it’s branded professional or home keyboard ?.

It’s what you make it.
Regards.
James.

#123099 - 05/08/03 03:49 PM Re: Geez! No wonder people get so confused if an arranger is pro or not!
Pilot Offline

Loc: Ontario,Canada
It means more than what you make it. It means that we are shut out of a lot of things. Read Keyboard or Electronic Musician and see how many articles, ads, etc. mention arrangers.

Bryan

#123100 - 05/08/03 04:03 PM Re: Geez! No wonder people get so confused if an arranger is pro or not!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi Bryan.

I wouldn’t take any notice of anything like that.

What you read in a keyboard mag is still only someone opinion. It’s up to you the person that all this matters to make up your own mind and believe what you want.

I’m a professional musician and I’m surrounded with nothing but the best in technology and bloody lots of it at that. I have Digital desks, Triton Studio, Trinity, Virus, VL, and many many others… And in the middle of all this sits a Technics. What makes that Technics a home Keyboard over all the other gear ?. Nothing other than someone’s opinion.

It’s what you make it.

Regards.
James.

#123101 - 05/08/03 05:17 PM Re: Geez! No wonder people get so confused if an arranger is pro or not!
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
So Squeak, what is your point?

#123102 - 05/09/03 02:49 AM Re: Geez! No wonder people get so confused if an arranger is pro or not!
Mosiqaar Offline

Loc: Atlanta, GA, USA
LOOL Fran

#123103 - 05/09/03 06:25 AM Re: Geez! No wonder people get so confused if an arranger is pro or not!
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
For the nth time, people who use arrangers to make a living feel slighted by manufacturers who market their upper level arrangers along with their dime store keyboards. Yamaha is the big culprit, still. Yamaha could do everyone a favor if they renamed all the upper-level arrangers to reflect their position, power and use. Why not have a line like AR-1K, AR-2K, AR-9K, etc. Make the systems separate, but upgradeable (software updates, options, etc.); put them in a road-worthy chasis; make (some of) them as 61, 76 and 88 key versions.

Is Roland going to come out with a new arranger at the summer NAMM?

------------------
Cass Pawlowski
Detroit, MI
PSR2000, Roland SC88
Cakewalk, Sonar, Power Tracks, BIAB

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online