SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#109867 - 03/22/03 10:46 AM Gig Disk #3 now available
travlin'easy Online   happy

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
For the first time in months, I had a Friday off--no writing assignments, no music jobs, actual free time. The only thing on TV was war news, and a bunch of reporters who keep saying the same thing over and over again. Therefore, to relieve the stress, I fired up the keyboard and put together anther gig disk. This one has lots of big band numbers on it, which should appeal to a lot of the folks on this forum. You'll find at at www.psrtutorial.com

Enjoy,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#109868 - 03/22/03 09:37 PM Re: Gig Disk #3 now available
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Gary,
you did really a great job! I have downloaded all the three disks and they work great also on my 9000 pro. Thanks!

#109869 - 03/23/03 05:39 AM Re: Gig Disk #3 now available
rattley Offline

Loc: Punta Gorda Florida USA
Hey Hey............Do you ever sleep? Thanks again for a great job on disk #3. Your gig disks have become an inspiration to me. I look so forward to them I practice my keyboard skills (or lack of.....) more often. I really look forward to those great disks! Thanks again. - charley

#109870 - 03/23/03 07:44 AM Re: Gig Disk #3 now available

Thanks for the Kudo's guys and gals. I'm having fun putin the disk together, but additionally, they're also providing me with a great way to eliminate dead time between songs when I'm not using the PSR-2000's MFD. As far as I'm concerned, anything longer than 10 seconds between songs seems like eternity. I've even taken my MFD files and downsized them to 30 songs in a file, then set up specific styles for each location and type of audience. Unfortunately, the MFD can only access styles that are in the keyboard's memory.

The creation of the gig disks was to enable me the ability utilize all those great sounding style files that I have archived over the past few years and stored on floppy disks. The problem is we all have a dozen or more Big Band styles, all of which are different, all sound great, and the second you fire it up, a song pops into your head. But there are times when you need that information before pressing the start button. Renaming those files provides you with the ability to know which song the style sounds best with. Now you can then quickly turn to the page in your lyrics book that has the information on exact tempo and what key you sing the song in. If you're just going to play the song as an instrumental, your dead time between songs is less than two seconds--the time it takes the file to load from the floppy.

As for sleep, at my age the experts claim you don't need as much, and hey, who am I to argue with the experts. Besides, I'm having too much fun to sleep. A good friend put it best when he said "Life is like a roll of toilet paper--the closer you get to the end, the faster it comes off the roll."

Cheers,

Gary

[This message has been edited by travlin'easy (edited 03-23-2003).]

#109871 - 03/23/03 04:32 PM Re: Gig Disk #3 now available
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Hi Gary,
Many thanks 2u for sharing your gig disks with the group. Your disks are sounding equally good on both my 2000 & Tyros. Hope you're finally finding at least some time now to catch some zzzz's. - Scott

#109872 - 03/31/03 06:29 PM Re: Gig Disk #3 now available
Anonymous
Unregistered

Congratulations Gary,
Beautiful job and thanks for sharing this new one, I'll keep enjoying each of your three Gig Disks in my PSR2000.

Really good stuff!!

Regards,

------------------
Emilio

#109873 - 03/31/03 07:32 PM Re: Gig Disk #3 now available

Just finished #4 and Joe says it should be up by tomorrow night.

Enjoy,

Gary

#109874 - 04/01/03 12:17 PM Re: Gig Disk #3 now available
J. Larry Offline

Loc: University, MS 38677 USA
Just added the 2000 to my setup last week. Your gig disks sound super on it. Thanks for sharing them.

#109875 - 04/01/03 01:38 PM Re: Gig Disk #3 now available

If you're like most on this forum, you'll love the psr-2000 and I'm glad you're enjoying the gig disks.

Gary

#109876 - 04/04/03 05:34 PM Re: Gig Disk #3 now available
nardoni2002 Offline

Loc: malaga, spain
thanks gary for the discs 1 to 4 we are so lucky to have so much available to us for free,because good people like you share your wares with us,,mike

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online