SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#91981 - 03/30/03 03:10 PM Generalmusic IOP demo
PaulD Offline

Loc: Eugene, OR
I finally got a Demo song loaded on the generalmusic.us website for the new "Instrument of Praise". http://www.generalmusic.us/pro/IOP.htm

------------------
Paul Davis
Generalmusic
Generalmusic.US

#91982 - 03/30/03 05:12 PM Re: Generalmusic IOP demo
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Paul,

Very impressive demo. It certainly raised my eyebrows, especially the Hammond B3 sample.

I do have one question. Was the demo a midi playback of sampled sounds, or is it a playback of an mp3 file on the Instrument?

I find the vocals absolutely stunning.

Thanks
Al

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#91983 - 03/30/03 07:24 PM Re: Generalmusic IOP demo
Idatrod Offline

Loc: Oceanside, CA USA
Thanks for posting the Demo of the new IOP Arranger Keyboard Paul. I have checked the GeneralMusic site recently but did not see at that time either info on the Genesys Pro or the IOP. You guys must of just very recently added the info. I would think the IOP will be of big interest and a big seller to those you are targeting. The sounds are very realistic and I am anticipating many more demos of the IOP. There is no enlarged pic of the IOP but I noticed (and I think correctly) that there are no internal speakers. It's a must have for me sorry to say. Another question: Sequencer. "The SK contains a professional sequencer with 32 tracks, a capacity of 250,000 events/16 songs, 1/192 resolution, microscopic editing, groove quantize and background loading. You can record your own songs using the automatic arrangements to quickly turn a simple idea into a fully orchestrated song. The SK is compatible with Standard Midi Files (0, 1 and 1+lyrics), with thousands of GEM's SK/WK, SX/WX and GMX series songs, and with a number of other popular formats."

The question is: Is that a typo for the Sequencer resolution?, ie., 1/192. Did they leave out the "0", ie., (1/1920)? or is the 1/192 the correct resolution? The reason I am asking is my PSR 2000 has a PPQ timing resloution of 1920. Also is there plans to release a version of the IOP with its own internal speakers and maybe a 76 Key version with a Synth weighted key action instead of Hammer Action? And oh yes, how much does that puppy weigh? There was no mention on your web site that I could see. And will the Drake chip ever be incorporated in the IOP? Sorry for all the questions, I am just curious is all. If they ever released a version with internal speakers I would be more than just curious, for sure.

The IOP has a huge 250,000 note recording event list which is a great plus for recording on the IOP, the same size as the Genesys Pro I see. Thanks again Paul,

Best regards,
Mike

#91984 - 03/30/03 11:02 PM Re: Generalmusic IOP demo
PaulD Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by kbrkr:
I do have one question. Was the demo a midi playback of sampled sounds, or is it a playback of an mp3 file on the Instrument?

Al,
Those are midi playback of sampled sounds, that instrument does not play MP3 files.

Regards,

------------------
Paul Davis
Generalmusic
Generalmusic.US

#91985 - 03/30/03 11:22 PM Re: Generalmusic IOP demo
PaulD Offline

Mike,

Thanks for your interest in Generalmusic products.

Quote:
Originally posted by Idatrod:
You guys must of just very recently added the info.

We are adding things almost everyday, this is a new site that is still in developement

Quote:

I noticed (and I think correctly) that there are no internal speakers. It's a must have for me sorry to say.

That is correct, this instrument is just an SK 880 reworked to be better suited for Praise and Worship. That being said, this instrument has no speakers.

Quote:

The question is: Is that a typo for the Sequencer resolution?, ie., 1/192. Did they leave out the "0", ie., (1/1920)? or is the 1/192 the correct resolution?

That is not a typo.

Quote:

Also is there plans to release a version of the IOP with its own internal speakers and maybe a 76 Key version with a Synth weighted key action instead of Hammer Action?

There are no plans at this time.

Quote:

And oh yes, how much does that puppy weigh?

75.46Lbs

Quote:

And will the Drake chip ever be incorporated in the IOP

I have no knowledge of plans to incorporate the DRAKE processors to the IOP/SK series.

Take Care,

------------------
Paul Davis
Generalmusic
Generalmusic.US

#91986 - 03/31/03 06:57 AM Re: Generalmusic IOP demo
msutliff Offline

Loc: Cottage Grove, MN, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Idatrod:
...The reason I am asking is my PSR 2000 has a PPQ timing resloution of 1920.

Hello Mike,

I'd like to see that (1920 PPQ) if you don't mind. Using the Record function on your keyboard, record a style and save it as a midi file. Then send it to me when you get a chance.

msutliff@tc.umn.edu

So far, the only PPQ I've seen from Yamaha products is 480. I've heard about 1920 PPQ but I haven't seen it yet. And I would just like to know why...Is it because Calkwalk 9 can't show it? Is it because Yamaha keyboards can't reproduce that when saving to a midi format? All I'm looking for is proof that there is (the ability to have) 1920 events between each quarter note.

I'm a techie that's into these kind of details, what can I say?

If you're interested.....No pressure!

Thanks.

mike

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online