SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#113233 - 03/26/03 05:12 PM Stewart Rack Amp
brickboo Offline

Loc: Fruita, Colorado, USA
Anyone use this setup? The stewart amp with a mixer and some type effects system. I'd like to chat about this type equipment.

Would you please email me?
Thanks
Boo

#113234 - 03/27/03 03:54 AM Re: Stewart Rack Amp
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Boo,
Stewart makes good amps, but years ago I tried a 1/2 rack model they put out and had lot's of "down time" with it. That amp was nothing but trouble from the start - loose connections, shoddy buttons etc.
I can't believe you're having so much trouble finding a system to use, that you like. MY biggest gripe is frinding a keyboard that satisfies me ..... there are dozens of sound rigs that I would use in a heartbeat.

You seem to like your Peavey 15's the best so far, and the rack mount amp you already have puts out enough power for most of your jobs, so why not just rack up the amp, your nano-verb and a Rolls single space rackmount mixer . This would all fit into a 2 or 3 space bag, and would be easy to setup. All the connections can fit in the rack and you'll have a fast, neat, EZ setup.

If you want a better mixer choice .... there are loads of good ones in the $300 range that can sit on top of the rack, but that means MORE connections, MORE wires, MORE time etc.

I use a 3 space rack, 2 powered speakers and ONE keyboard. The KB sits on an "X" stand, the bag hangs from the front two support arms (all the controls are just UNDER the keys, this way), my mic boom and a custom made stand for my laptop are attached to the other end of the suppoert arms, and hand over the kb to face me.

This provides the quickest setup, smallest footprint, and best visual of any other rig I've had in the past. I'll see if I can get a pic up here one of these days.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online