SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#175928 - 11/06/02 07:54 AM Anyone own a Yamaha S90?
rhumba Offline

Loc: Minneapolis, MN, USA
Anyone?

After playing with a good numbers of board, I picked up a Yam. S90 at my local GC last night.

Someone here (was that Uncle Dave?) gave good comments about the Korg SP500 but it's more like a compressed version of the PA80 with 88-key.

Lots of stuff to learn from this thing and the manual doesn't help much. So, I'm looking for a S90 owner to work with

Thanks.
..rb

#175929 - 11/06/02 09:11 AM Re: Anyone own a Yamaha S90?
B2 Offline

Loc: Westfield, Massachesetts, USA
rb....Check out sninety.com...forums, techno stuff...more than ypu'll ever be able to absorb ....I have yet to demo one but am very interested, especially in the triple strike piano....also, try motifator .com...after all...the S90 is a Motif minus the sequencer and sampler....good luck.... Brian

#175930 - 11/06/02 02:08 PM Re: Anyone own a Yamaha S90?
rhumba Offline

Loc: Minneapolis, MN, USA
Thanks, Brian, for the Sninety.com site. Wow! I need to take a break from the Synthzone just to absorb that!

#175931 - 03/18/03 12:53 PM Re: Anyone own a Yamaha S90?
bbnews90 Offline

Loc: Los Angeles, CA USA
Congratulations! I bought one in early February and am still digesting all of what there is to know about it -- and SQ01. I don't have any other software for sequencing, and the learning curve for SQ01 is also daunting. For some help, I had downloaded S-90 manuals from the sninety.com site and there's a helpful one that does not come with the 'board, and it's a Power User guide for Master Mode. Very helpful in getting one familiar with how this thing is set up. I am a software trainer and have been also trying to figure out some courseware for teaching folks how to use this beast, but for now, I am still in the learning mode. My jam-mates are digging the keyboard, and as a performance keyboard, it's amazing. I just need to get the programming part together to be able to save my sequences to the smart card! Not particularly intuitive, this, but it's coming together.

Quote:
Originally posted by rhumba:
Thanks, Brian, for the Sninety.com site. Wow! I need to take a break from the Synthzone just to absorb that!

#175932 - 03/18/03 02:08 PM Re: Anyone own a Yamaha S90?
Starkeeper Offline

Loc: Toronto
You could also try Harmony-Central: http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?forumid=18
Starkeeper

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online