SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#166761 - 03/02/03 07:13 PM which one...? voice work or voice prizm plus
mirza Offline

Loc: london,ontario.canada
I need it for live only...

I need good Harmony...Third above/belove and bass..

thanks...

MIKI

TYROS 5,BEHRINGER X32PRODUCER,YAMAHA DSR112,JBL PRX618s XLF,EV ZLX12p,SENNHEISER E945,....ETC

#166762 - 03/02/03 07:19 PM Re: which one...? voice work or voice prizm plus
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
The VoiceOne is smaller ..... only 1 rack space, but lacks the extra input to the effects section. I'd like to seel my Voice Prism and get the voiceOne ..... and keep it at home in the studio. I'd love to free up another rack space.

Look at the specs...... the VoiceOne may not have all the effects that the Prism has. nI only read that it has reverb .... no mention of modulated or delayed effects. Maybe I missed something...

#166763 - 03/02/03 07:20 PM Re: which one...? voice work or voice prizm plus
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
BTW ... the "plus" adds fluff that doesn't interrest me ....... the original model is just wonderful. The Digitech stuff will do what you want too.

#166764 - 03/02/03 07:24 PM Re: which one...? voice work or voice prizm plus
mirza Offline

Hi UD...Thanks for reply...

I use condenser mic,and both ovice prizm and voice one have fantom power..And I heard they are better then digitech..

I need something that's easy to use...And I don't need too much effects..i use external unit...

MIKI

TYROS 5,BEHRINGER X32PRODUCER,YAMAHA DSR112,JBL PRX618s XLF,EV ZLX12p,SENNHEISER E945,....ETC

#166765 - 03/02/03 08:25 PM Re: which one...? voice work or voice prizm plus
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
I'm using the Digitech VR and getting excellent results. Used it last night and wowed the crowd, especially when performing the MTA. It's an easy machine to use, not too much fluff, and the effects IMHO sound great.

Cheers,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#166766 - 03/02/03 08:53 PM Re: which one...? voice work or voice prizm plus
trtjazz Offline

Mirza,
I have the voiceworks on order and as soon as it get in I'll let you know what I think. From their site and demos, it is supposed to be the next generation beyond the prism. And it's less than the prism too....even used.

------------------
jam on,
Terry http://imjazzed.homestead.com/Index.html

[This message has been edited by trtjazz (edited 03-02-2003).]

#166767 - 03/03/03 08:55 AM Re: which one...? voice work or voice prizm plus
GlennT Offline

Loc: Medina, OH, USA
I believe the "fluff" UD refers to on the VoicePrizm Plus is the growl and rasp (plus others) effects. I've always been curious... has anyone tried it? Do they sound real or more like honky-tonk fakery?

Quote:
Originally posted by Uncle Dave:
BTW ... the "plus" adds fluff that doesn't interrest me ....... the original model is just wonderful. The Digitech stuff will do what you want too.

#166768 - 03/03/03 04:40 PM Re: which one...? voice work or voice prizm plus
mirza Offline

[
Hi guys..thanks for your replays...

Glenn T..That's a good question about fluff stuff///Has anyone try it..???

MIKI

#166769 - 03/03/03 04:56 PM Re: which one...? voice work or voice prizm plus
Tony W Offline

Loc: Lancaster UK
Hi,
Mirza / Glenn
The 'fluff' or growl and rasp or as TC Helicon term it...vocal formanting is demonstrated on their website in the form of a couple of video presentations. You will need quicktime to view them but it shows off the effects really well.

Personally I would just go for the voice prism basic as it seems a lot extra for the formanting and you can always buy the add on card to upgrade the voice prism to a plus in the future.

There is a second hand voice prism on ebay at the mo here......

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=23790&item=2512679779&rd=1

.....with no reserve. Don't know how cheap it is for you guys in the USA but the price when converted to UK pounds looks good to me.

Best to you
Tony

#166770 - 03/04/03 09:34 AM Re: which one...? voice work or voice prizm plus
KFingers Offline

Loc: Brighton - UK
I have the plus which gives me the "fluff" as you guys call it - It means that my soft voice can sing soul, funk, and rock on gigs without destroying my vocal chords using the growl and rasp. It also adds realistic modelled vibrato and female harmony . If you can do this without help then you don't need the plus.

KF

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online