SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#158596 - 02/22/03 03:31 PM Cart
brickboo Offline

Loc: Fruita, Colorado, USA
I found a fold up two wheeled cart very similar to one that my buddy Sonny put me on to. It's like the one Scott was tallking about.

I was looking at stools at Wal-Mart and there it sat on the shelf next to the stools. It is rated at 200lbs. It cost $39.95. If anybody checks it out, let me know what you think.

Hey my biggest gig yet is on the 8th of March. It is at a relatively new Golf Course banquet room. There's going to be a ton of people there because it's a 50th anniversary party and these folks have been here all of their lives. Not a transient like everyone else here.

Very nervous!! Whats the best booze to relax on. I don't know much about booze. Ha! Ha! Really!! If anyone will be in Western Colorado at that time they are welcomed to come help me out. Maybe I'll faint and won't have to play.

I envy everyone here with nerve. No problem just blowing my sax. It's the keyboard and singing that makes me nervous.
Boo

[This message has been edited by brickboo (edited 02-22-2003).]

#158597 - 02/22/03 04:25 PM Re: Cart
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
The best advice is to relax, stay away from the booze, look professional and play the kind of music that they want to hear. Unfortunately, most of the time they will not tell you, but most likely they will range in age from 50 to 75. Therefore, most of the music they grew up on will be from an era that was when they were 15 to 25 years of age, or stuff that's from the late 50s to early 70s. This doesn't sound like a crowd that would enjoy hard rock, but you can be assured they'll dig on Sinatra, Ritous Brothers, most Cole Porter arrangements, and some doo-wap stuff.

As for the jitters, everyone gets them, especially early on, but if you relax, and try to have a good time yourself, this is often contageous to the audience.

Good Luck,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#158598 - 02/22/03 07:43 PM Re: Cart
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Gary, Boo is pulling our chain. He's a Pro, he knows what's going on..

#158599 - 02/22/03 07:48 PM Re: Cart
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Boo,

It's not nice to fool an old man--paybacks are hell!

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online