SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#204116 - 01/14/03 09:55 PM "Bread &Butter" song featured in: Applebee's TV Commercial
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
DonM and all,

Did anyone else catch this?

I was watching the E channel tonight and suddenly heard Synthzone buddy Don Mason's music duo partner, Dean Mathis, formerly of the Newbeats tune: "Bread & Water", playing on an Applebee's Restarant TV commerical. They replaced "I like bread & butter" with chicken & ribs, or something like that. Anyway, sounds like Dean & the Newbeat fellows may be getting some hopefully decent royalties & added mileage out of their tune, so hopefully you and Dean will be able to capitalize even MORE with this song on YOUR gigs together now with this new renewed national exposure. It appears to be the trend for advertisers to incorporate music from the 60's and 70's into TV commercials now.

Scott

#204117 - 01/15/03 08:49 AM Re: "Bread &Butter" song featured in: Applebee's TV Commercial
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Thanks Scott, I'll be sure to tell Dean. Unfortunately he didn't write the song, and gets royalties only when the original version is used, as far as I know.
DonM

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online