SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#154754 - 12/05/02 03:49 PM Anyone with a 9000 pro and plug in voice boards can answer a few ???'s
svpworld Offline

Loc: UK
Hi everyone,
I need a few questions answered from anyone who uses a 9000 pro together with any of the voice plug in expansion boards.

Is it possible to use a sound from the board(s) in a style ? Can the board sounds be accessed and stored in registrations like panel voices?
Can you create a layer sound using R1, R2 and R3 for example with 1 voice from the 9000 pro panel voices, 1 voice from the PLG150AN board and 1 voice from the PLG150DX board assuming both were fitted.

Perhaps someone can enlighten me as to how the boards work in conjunction with onboard voices and how integrated they are.

Regards
Simon

------------------
http://www.svpworld.com

#154755 - 12/05/02 06:50 PM Re: Anyone with a 9000 pro and plug in voice boards can answer a few ???'s
tom moon Offline

Loc: Haddonfield, NJ, USA
I use the piano board, and I'll try to answer what I can: it is possible to layer sounds using a combination of the plug-in voices and the 9000 voices -- ie, R1 can be the 9kpro's piano, and R2 can be one from the pluginboard. this offers nice fat electric piano possibilities -- a current fave is 9kpro's "Cool Piano" and the plugboard's "Delayed Dyno." trick is, only one voice from the plugboard can be engaged at a time. (Yamaha "suggests" in the manual that if more polyphony is desired, you can put an identical plugboard into the second slot)
the plug in voices can be saved in the registrations; they come right up as though they were native.
hope that helps.

#154756 - 12/06/02 01:43 AM Re: Anyone with a 9000 pro and plug in voice boards can answer a few ???'s
svpworld Offline

Loc: UK
Thanks Tom, that sounds good news then!

Regards
Simon

------------------
http://www.svpworld.com

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online