SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#125903 - 11/16/02 12:03 PM Transferring Ketron warrentee
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Hey DanO - If Donny didn't fill out the paperwork from his XD9, can I offer the warrentee to the next buyer? I think we did this on the last one I dumped. Makes sense to honor it as long as the original term of service, right? I mean, it's only been out of the store two weeks. GC took back units from twice that long ! Thanx, in advance pal.

#125904 - 11/16/02 12:53 PM Re: Transferring Ketron warrentee
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
Warranties are not transferable .

I do not work at GC anymore .

dano

#125905 - 11/16/02 01:47 PM Re: Transferring Ketron warrentee
DanO1 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Uncle Dave:
Hey DanO - Makes sense to honor it as long as the original term of service, right? I mean, it's only been out of the store two weeks. GC took back units from twice that long ! Thanx, in advance pal.

I was happy to take the return on 2 Sd1's vs. having to compete with you and Fran selling them.

As a salesperson and now part owner of a business , you have to have some pride in the products you sell .

It upsets me to see someone buy a keyboard and say how much they like it , than to say " I need to dump it" .

Not all of your statements are true . What else to you return after 2 weeks ? The Sd1's were returned within 2 days .
Dan O

[This message has been edited by DanO1 (edited 11-16-2002).]

[This message has been edited by DanO1 (edited 11-16-2002).]

#125906 - 11/16/02 03:41 PM Re: Transferring Ketron warrentee
Silent Merchant Offline

It appears you have just become one of the local merchants that some forum members complain about.
See Scott's recent post... http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum37/HTML/005075.html

#125907 - 11/16/02 03:52 PM Re: Transferring Ketron warrentee
brickboo Offline

Loc: Fruita, Colorado, USA
That's why I like doing business with Musiciansfriend, Music 123 and a host of other internet stores. They offer a 30 day return no questions asked if you're not completely satisfied with the product. How Ya gonna beat that. Besides, they always gaurantee the best price and free shipping. It sounds better and better each time I say this to myself. If I paid $3000 for something I've never seen or heard and couldn't return it, well if I didn't have a heart attack there's no telling what I'd do.

I'd advise everyone here not to buy anything from anyone who wouldn't offer the same deal as the next guy. I don't care how good they tell you their "SERVICE" is. Wouldn't you expect that 30 day return policy part of the super "SERVICE" they are trying to sell you.

It's hard to compete with the big guys in a mom and pop deal today. If you want to learn something about being competitive, I invite you to come try the Masonry business in Western Colorado I've been doing it for 37 years. Believe me it ain't no picnic. One day Walmart will sell everything on earth. Then watch what will happen to prices. I won't have to worry about it because I won't be here. Ha! Ha!

#125908 - 11/16/02 04:49 PM Re: Transferring Ketron warrentee
DanO1 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Silent Merchant:
It appears you have just become one of the local merchants that some forum members complain about.
See Scott's recent post... http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum37/HTML/005075.html

Silent merchant ,

I value your comments , however Uncle Dave and I have a long relationship .

Scott Yee's post had nothing to do with me or my business . As a matter of fact , I believe some people had good things to say about me . What's your point ?

dano

#125909 - 11/16/02 04:54 PM Re: Transferring Ketron warrentee
Mike H Offline

Loc: Homer AK
Dano
I'm with you on this one. Differentiating between a customer who isn't satisfied because of personal tastes and one who finds manufacturer's performance claims untrue is a large part of a retailers subjective call on returns. Returning something after awhile because of preferences and expecting full value and/or warrantee consideration is a bad way to do business. I live with my experiments and mistakes - paying the price as I go.

Mike

#125910 - 11/16/02 04:59 PM Re: Transferring Ketron warrentee
DanO1 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Mike H:
Dano
I'm with you on this one. Differentiating between a customer who isn't satisfied because of personal tastes and one who finds manufacturer's performance claims untrue is a large part of a retailers subjective call on returns. Returning something after awhile because of preferences and expecting full value and/or warrantee consideration is a bad way to do business. I live with my experiments and mistakes - paying the price as I go.

Mike

Thanks Mike .

------------------
Piano Man's Music City
624 Frederick Rd .
Catonsville Md. 21228
410 747 0200
danosmusic@yahoo.com

#125911 - 11/16/02 07:25 PM Re: Transferring Ketron warrentee
trtjazz Offline

The keyboard is only two weeks old for Pete's sake.....it's piss poor business for companies to not honor a warranty on a 2 week old keyboard. Look for any excuse to screw the consumer who shelled out their dollars for an item. What difference does it make who owns the board, it the board that's warrantied not the owner isn't it? Especially considering these Ketrons seem to be having quite a few problems with them.

That to me straight up is a dishonorable way to do business and would certainly cause me to think twice about where I would spend my dollars.

It's a manufacturer's warranty not a retailers store warranty.
Terry

[This message has been edited by trtjazz (edited 11-16-2002).]

#125912 - 11/16/02 07:35 PM Re: Transferring Ketron warrentee
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
How about when someone purchases a keyboard as a Christmas gift for someone? Does that mean the warranty is only applicable to the orginal purchaser and not the gift recipient? hmmm . . . xmas is approaching. Uncle Dave? hint hint.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online