SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#192794 - 11/12/02 02:50 PM Two new songs from Belgium added to my site
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Dear friends,
as you know, yesterday I have received the Cavatina music sheet from SD1007 (JJH); well, today he sent me two MP3s: the first one is his own rendition of "Cavatina" the way the Shadows did it and -believe me- it's really amazing, just like listening to Hank Marvin in person. To me the song sounds like it's played in real time (no styles) and the arrangement is really beautiful (hear the left hand playing the 12 strings and the strings in the background).
The second MP3 is the main title from the soundtrack of "The good, the bad and the ugly", by Ennio Morricone. Well, listen to this song and you will understand why I wrote that people in Italy went to see those movies just to listen to Morricone's music.
Except for the drums, all the parts sound like they were played live (he told me that there are four different strings tracks and from what I can judge, they are quite complex...)
I hope that our friend JJH will send more MP3s because my opinion is that he is really an excellent musician.
http://andrearotolo.tripod.com/dreamer/id12.html

#192795 - 11/12/02 03:26 PM Re: Two new songs from Belgium added to my site
trtjazz Offline

Andrea,
Both renditions very nice, I enjoyed them quite a bit.
jam on to your friend,
Terry

#192796 - 11/12/02 04:12 PM Re: Two new songs from Belgium added to my site
S0C9 Offline

Loc: NRH, TX, USA
I thought the Good, Bad, Ugly was an execellent piece. Very well done.
The movie's a spaghetti western classic too !! LOL

Steve

#192797 - 11/13/02 10:48 AM Re: Two new songs from Belgium added to my site
Anonymous
Unregistered

Dreamer,

Thanks a lot for your kind words. Thanks especially for your patience to loading the songs and to ad them to your site ! I have the chance to discover a very clever man and a real gentleman !

Thanks also to Trtjazz and SOC9 for their kind words and for listening to my music.

Friendly,

JJ

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online