SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#113366 - 08/29/02 09:17 PM CAKEWALK SONAR!!!
sunnycool Offline

Loc: india
I have recorded three instrument tracks separately as MP3.Now I want tro merger the 3 and then sing also.I guess that is called Overdubbing if Im not mistaken.Im attempting this for the first time..so pls help.Can overdubbing or layering multiple trax be done in Cakewalk Sonar..and also is it possible to do also in Sound Forge 5.0???
Pls HElp
THX a zillion!!!!

#113367 - 08/30/02 04:58 AM Re: CAKEWALK SONAR!!!
Bluezplayer Offline

Loc: Catskill Mountains, NY
sunnycool,

Yes, this can be done in Sonar, but you will need to convert the existing tracks from MP3 format to .wav format first. If you do not have converion software capable of doing it, there are a few freeware applications available atsites like Hitsquad.com that can help you do this.

AJ

#113368 - 09/03/02 02:21 AM Re: CAKEWALK SONAR!!!
MacAllcock Offline

Loc: Preston, Lancashire, England
I've not got Sonar (I'm still on Cakewalk V9) but I tend to use Soundforge for audio editing and I'm pretty sure it can do what you want. I think Soundforge converts MP3s to WAV when opening the file; you may have to save the results as a WAV and convert back to MP3 (if required) using some other utility.

#113369 - 09/03/02 08:09 AM Re: CAKEWALK SONAR!!!
trtjazz Offline

sunnycool,
Next time in Sonar, before you convert to mp3, which should be your last step.....you take however many tracks you have laid down, go to the menus and select bounce to tracks, what that will do is merge all your tracks down to a stereo pair.

The bounce to clips option is if you have different things on one track and want to make one solid track out of it, it will join all the clips together.
jam on,
Terry

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online