SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#123608 - 09/01/02 09:11 PM Dano - better SD1 manual coming???
Mike H Offline

Loc: Homer AK
Dano - I have tried getting into the disk to look for this style setting thing- but it doesn't get me there.

There are quite a few things that could use improvement as far as explanation in the manual - good as it is!!

Pattern edit 'tonality choice' and how it functions would be excellent - although M,m,7 would suffice for most.

Another thing - while I am waxing suggestive here - As a piano player who disables the sustain and plays in pianist mode alot - I still need the sustain occasionally in an exposed passage - but you have to reach up and push two buttons simultaneously to do so - This function really really needs to be an option on the fs13 foot switch.

Another thing would be nice - being able to enter chords to a tune in a text file that could be pulled up and read by another player via the video out connector. - and I mean without having to play a midi file to get a scrolling effect.

And now my biggest item on the wish list...has to do with midi files...as stand alone things they are practically useless for me in live performance....they are useful to me only for recording tune ideas or setting up chord changes to improvise against on another instrument... On the other hand - if I could trigger a midi file to play in tempo while the arranger was going - and starting in sync with the downbeat - and not impacted by chord changes in the left hand..I believe this would have an enormous effect on the functionality of arranger kb's.

Sandro has been interested in this idea - particular when I suggested it might be done by using the intro/ending buttons to trigger midi file play. There must be a way for the pattern/style to record a command to cue and play a midi file - after all - the sequencer and the arranger can both play at the same time.

A simple application of this - lets say you generally use this one style to play a particular tune - people like the song - but it starts to sound the same. Instead of redoing the entire style or simply changing a voice - with this new method you might simply record a verse or chorus using a preset or program with a horn section - which is now capable of playing far more complicated backing because its chord and melody structure won't be affected by left hand chord changes.

Sorry to get so windy - I'd just like to get some interest going on this.

Mike up North

#123609 - 09/02/02 07:34 AM Re: Dano - better SD1 manual coming???
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
Personally I have never read the manual . Being a Ketron end user for 7 years now certainly helped .

With AJ's input on the XD series , the manuals for the new keyboard and module have been improved . Ketron does listen !

I will forward this to Sandro ! dano

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online