SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#167561 - 08/29/02 11:05 PM I heard Donny Pece "live" last night.!
Mario Offline

Loc: Wayside, New jersey, USA
Donny:
Not only I got an "earful" from your great Sonar PA system last night, but I was greatly impressed by your performance and handling of the crowd; you really had them going (dancing). At one point I think I saw your PSR9000 “smoking", not to mention yourself as well.
Donny, you are a true "Pro" and your success is very well deserved because you know how to entertain the people with your "versatility" and great execution. The crowd (at least 300) truly enjoyed you, and so did I. What do you know, I was even asked to dance by a nice lady! Believe it or not, it was my birthday yesterday, and at 60 it felt great! (don't tell my wife! Please!)
Anyway, I was very impressed with the Barbetta Sona 32 PA system, they deliver "clarity" and a great "punch" for their weight and size. Even though I have yet to listen to the EV SX100 Scottyee recommended, I am pretty sold on this small "giants" at this point. At any rate, I got a couple of Bose 802s for sale at this point, nothing wrong with them, just the amplifier they require for me to carry is too heavy.
Say, by the way Uncle Dave, Donny and I, we are coming to see you in Hamilton, so you are next on my "review"!
Hey Donny, thanks for the "Aperitif” and thank your lovely wife for the hospitality. You guys make a great team.
Mario

#167562 - 08/30/02 06:28 AM Re: I heard Donny Pece "live" last night.!
Dnj Offline

Mario,

It was great to meet you last night at my Dance Club. A little Sambuca and some great dance music will get you going every time. I tried to play a large variety of Styles, SMF, Vocal harmonies, etc. to give you an idea of what the PSR9000 can do "LIVE on stage it is IMHO one of the best all around units I ever played. The Barbetta Sona 32's have never let me down and produce a great sound for my shows. As far as the Hot Blondes chasing you? ........Hmmmmmmmm.... your on your own there ! :>) Thanx for stopping by, I'll see ya soon for the Uncle Dave Show!!

Donny nj

#167563 - 08/30/02 08:59 AM Re: I heard Donny Pece "live" last night.!
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Loc: Muskegon, MI
Mario,

You are right. I too had the honor to meet Donny and hear him perform at his club. He is awesome. He was also a gracious host and a gentleman. His sound system sounds great and his setup is very functional right down to the cup holder. Say hi to Uncle Dave for me.

Tom

Tom

#167564 - 08/30/02 09:43 AM Re: I heard Donny Pece "live" last night.!
rgtaa Offline

I wish I lived near you guys!
Sounds like alot of Fun!
I too would LOVE to hear his set-up and see him do His magic on the Crowd.

#167565 - 08/30/02 09:59 AM Re: I heard Donny Pece "live" last night.!
Dnj Offline

Tom,

I wish everyone here on the forum could be there sometime also. I love meeting and putting a face on everyone here. Mario and I bonded like brothers last night, it was so nice to meet him and you too Tom. Its so hard to talk about your setup and keyboard, but the proof is in the pudding. Let your ears be your guide.

Donny nj

PS....Shhhhhhhh about my secret cup holder

#167566 - 08/30/02 10:33 AM Re: I heard Donny Pece "live" last night.!
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Donny & Mario: Sounds like you guys had a great time. I only wish'd I could'a been there too. Secret cup holder? Donny, don't know about that, but I do know your "cup always runneths over" with terrific music & personal warmth. - Scott

#167567 - 08/30/02 12:58 PM Re: I heard Donny Pece "live" last night.!
Dnj Offline

I learnd my lesson years ago with keeping a glass or bottle next to me on stage after I knocked a drink over onto my Korg 13 'YIKES" so now I use a type of cup holder that you use in your Vehicle, it hangs on your car window (plastic) only thing I hang it on my Gig Box next to me on an X stand. Its safe, convienent, and strong. Cost $1.00 US.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online