SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#140263 - 08/18/02 03:41 PM George need your help here
ziggy Offline

Loc: Malta
Can you please go to this site and explain to me if you can, how come the same GENESYS keyboard is under another name that is SOLTON?????? need your help please. http://www.solton.de/sd1.htm

I am really confused here cause I just hear some sampled sounds from this keyboard and they sound very very outstanding.

Waiting for your help..

Tony.

#140264 - 08/18/02 05:40 PM Re: George need your help here
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
Tony,
What you are seing is a Generalmusic Genesys. Solton, the German Distributor for Generalmusic products, has put their own name on this keyboard. They must have asked Generalmusic for permission to do this. Before Solton distributed Generalmusic products, they were distributing Ketron products. Ketron put the Solton name on all their keyboards. When Solton started distributing Generalmusic keyboards last year, Ketron stopped putting the Solton name on their keybords and only the Ketron name is now seen. Here in the USA, the Generalmusic keyboard you see as a Solton SG-1 will be called Genesys.
I heard this keyboard in Italy in June and I was very impressed with this new product.
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
(Retired 2021)

#140265 - 08/19/02 02:43 AM Re: George need your help here
ziggy Offline

Loc: Malta
Thanks George, can you please do me a favoure, is it possible to go again to this site again. http://www.carillonstudios.ndirect.co.uk/sd1.htm

And listen to the Demos there, especially the VOICE. and tell me if the new GENESYS sound as good or better. I appreciate it very much.

Tony

#140266 - 08/19/02 06:52 AM Re: George need your help here
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
Tony,
The first sight you sent me to is showing the Genesys (Solton SG-1), the second sight you sent me to is showing the Ketron SD1. These are two different keyboards. If you want to know if the Genesys sounds as good or better than the SD1, I can't answer this question yet. I heard the keyboard in June when I was in Italy just one time, and until I get mine here in the US, I won't be able to compare the two products. My initial report after just getting back from Italy was that this was a very good sounding keyboard. I wish I could have a chip in my brain that would allow me to replay what I've been exposed to whenever I need to, but unfortunately, I can't do this and so I can't comment on sound quality until I have the keyboard in front of me again. I hope this will be soon!
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
(Retired 2021)

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online