I'm enjoying using Sonar for midi file creation. The program has a lot of cool features. There are a couple of things that kinda leave me scratching my head though.. but maybe it's because I'm not that familiar with it yet.

Right now I'm working on a Jazz fusion piece. I'm not very good at real time drum programming, so I'm using the drums from a PA80 "fusion" style as a template. Later I will edit them. I'm pretty much doing the rest in real time, but I'm building parts of the song a piece at a time.

I have been placing 8 or 16 measures of drum tracks down at a time. My problem is that when using Sonar as a midi sync "slave" device ( and the PA80 as the "master" , when I go to record from measure 17 in the program for example, Sonar apparently reads the PA80's midi clock as starting from measure #1. the same thing happens when I sync with jammer pro as the master, although in jammer it isn't that big a deal because I can compose drums from measure 17 ( or any measure ) in the program itself.

Is there a way to set a Sonar file up so that it accepts midi sync but doesn't read the midi "time" itself. To explain better, XG works accepts Midi sync, but if I'm synching to measure 17 in the program and I'm starting from measure 9 in Jammer or from measure 1 in the PA80 ( I guess by default because of the way Korg style patterns work ), XG works doesnt try to jump back to measure 9 or measure 1 when I record.

AJ