SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#134286 - 07/29/02 08:00 PM Prove It ....TAKE 2
Tony W Offline

Loc: Lancaster UK
Hello All,
I have updated my website with a couple of new songs including 'Prove It!' ...the song I sent for assessment. It came back with a positive report and I would love your opinions be they good bad or indifferent.

The mp3's are much smaller this time so should not be a hassle for those on 56k dial up. The link below will (or should) take you straight to the page with the songs. See you don't even have to trawl through all my waffle to get to the songs. Go on .....click it.....you know you want to
Many thanks
Tony

#134287 - 07/29/02 08:04 PM Re: Prove It ....TAKE 2
Tony W Offline

OK OK!
I suppose the link would help! What am I like. I went to town the other day and walked home only to realise I had gone in the car. Had to walk all the way back to get it!
http://website.lineone.net/~the-ant/files/tony's%20music.htm

Don't forget to let me know what you think
ttfn
Tony

#134288 - 07/29/02 08:09 PM Re: Prove It ....TAKE 2
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Tony, good songs, well done. And you're a singer whether you think so or not.

#134289 - 07/29/02 08:44 PM Re: Prove It ....TAKE 2
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Tony ! As expected, I really enjoyed "Prove It!". I like the way you creatively weaved your counter melody (multi-track vocal overdub) with your main vocals towards the end of the tune. You're both a creative songwriter (great lyrics) & singer: mesmorizing rhythm & vocal phrasing. They say the key to a successful pop tune is if it has a memorable hook line. Yours definitely DOES!

I might suggest you change the title of your song to "If You Want Me to Prove It", as that (to me) is the 'complete' memorable hook line !

I can easily see why 'Prove It' received such high kudos from the songwriting assessment team. Only the abrupt (unrelated?) canned arranger ending was disappointing.

Tony, you have a promising music future ahead. Keep making great music. - Scott

#134290 - 07/29/02 09:48 PM Re: Prove It ....TAKE 2
Tony W Offline

Hi there Don & Scott,

Don, I really appreciate your comments coming from a 'real singer' like you it is truly a compliment.

Scott, ROFL....everybody says the same thing!... "love the song HATE the ending" Truth be told I hit the wrong button when recording the song. I know I should re do it but you know what I'm like. Put's me in mind of Brian May being let loose at the end of a hymn!!!
Many thanks for your comments though, you know I respect your opinion highly and as such am already considering getting off my idle butt, (oooh I'm turning American! ) and re-recording it

Ok I am off to bed.....it is 5.45 AM here and I am still playing with this computer!
ttfn
Tony (Mr international insomnia 2001/2002) laugh

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online