SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#211358 - 07/25/02 10:41 PM Spreadin' the love ...... and the wealth around !
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
I wanted to give DanO's new business a boost, so I bought a new XD9. Just wanted to see what it can do, as it has a few new items that have me doing the Hmmmmm? thing.

I will most likely have it in a few days, so I'll post my findings after a session with the beast. I promised Dan that I would be gentle, because he takes Ketron critism to heart. The biggest PLUS that has me interrested is the "bassist" feature and the "search" feature that allows you to browse song files during arranger play and vice versa. neat.

So, Don ........ you wanna take a stab at this PA80 again? It's a bargain !
Call me:
215-757-8598

#211359 - 07/26/02 12:16 AM Re: Spreadin' the love ...... and the wealth around !
Uncle Dave Offline

I just read the manual for the XD9, and even though it does not come with the stereo AUDIO inputs that the X1 had, there is still a stereo mic input that may allow the user to connect a mic (through the vocalizer) and AT THE SAME TIME, a pc, CD or other audio signal (mono, though). Hmmm? Sensitivity may be an issue because the level would have to be set to "mic" for optimum signal/noise ratio, and a line level signal may not sound it's best. We'll have to see.

After speaking with DanO, this was my largest objection - no audio ins .... maybe we have a workaround that will do in a pinch.

The manual is very well written - I wonder if AJ had a hand in it ?

#211360 - 07/26/02 06:18 AM Re: Spreadin' the love ...... and the wealth around !
Mario Offline

Loc: Wayside, New jersey, USA
UD:
I am sure AJ had "a lot" to do with it. I had the X1 and the original manual, (which was a disaster) and it took AJ to come to the rescue, and rescue us he did with his own version, even at a time when he had nothing to do with Ketron.
I am curious whether you use the Chord harmony feature in your gigs and if so, how you are going to deal with the problem that the Ketron line has had in the past and now with the XD9 which I tried last week and found it with the same problem?
Thank God George and Aj have now made Ketron aware of this and I am sure it will be corrected, so it should be a non-isssue in the future.
Congrats anyway, and enjoy your new"plank"
Mario

#211361 - 07/26/02 06:23 AM Re: Spreadin' the love ...... and the wealth around !
Uncle Dave Offline

I rarely use the chord harmony in the right hand, but I did like the Moonlight Serenade patch on the X1 .... so, I guess I'll still take advantage of that sound.
My style of play does not utilize too much "sugar coating" .... I'd rather form the harmonies myself, whenever possible.
I do enjoy the "trill" feature for certain mallet and string instruments. Doing a trill manually for a long time can be very tiring, and cause hand cramps. (Yuk)
I'll give it a good run through, and tell you what I think about the unit.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online