SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#198857 - 07/20/02 12:42 AM Lightening Strikes Twice in a Row!
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
I can hardly believe this, but it seems bad luck has hit the Synthzone family twice in a row. I just spoke with our Synthzone co-forum member, Clif Anderson http://www.synthzone.com/cgi-bin/ubbmisc.cgi?action=getbio&UserName=Clif+Anderson

tonight (Friday) and informed him that Jann Forest (Bebop's Wife) had just suffered a heart attack yesterday (Thursday). Both Clif and I (along with Andrea Rotolo (Dreamer) from Italy, had (just a few weeks ago) met Bebop & Jann (for the first time) at Bebop's house for a historical, memorable, & fun first ever local SF Bay area Synthzone member get together.

AFter telling Clif this, I was really shocked to have Clif tell me that his house had just been destroyed from a fire the day before (Wednesday). Luckily he, his wife and children are all safe (living in temporary housing), but there was extensive damage to their house , as well as 5 other homes in their neighborhood of San Jose, California (60 miles south of San Francisco). Apparently the fire was caused by faulty wiring in the attic of the adjacent house next to theirs.

What makes this whole thing real weird (to me) is that both Andrea & I (on the day of the Synthzone get together) had also spent time visiting Clif at his house in his home music studio as well. It's hard for me to imagine that his quaint residential neighborhood is now destroyed.

Though Clif assured me that he & his family are fine and that he is adequately insured, I'm sure a disaster like this can take quite an emotional toll. I realize that our forum membership is spread throughout the world, but I hope we can all come together and give Clif our words of support as well. Btw, Clif says that his Korg Karma (and his music studio) were thankfully, not damaged.

Scott

#198858 - 07/20/02 07:22 AM Re: Lightening Strikes Twice in a Row!
jedi Offline

Loc: Merrimack, N.H.
Hi Scott,
Thanks for the sad info.

Clif, I wish you the best, I`m glad that you`re all safe and that you are well protected by insurance.
I`m sure your going to be miss your old place, But If you had in mind any changes maybe some good could come from this awful tragedy. Glad to hear that your "studio" was spared "God loves Music"
Take care, if you need anything please "post or e-mail". All my best , for a new beginning.
jedi

#198859 - 07/20/02 12:59 PM Re: Lightening Strikes Twice in a Row!
ChicoBrasil Offline

Loc: Belo Horizonte,Minas Gerais,Br...
Clif

You and your family are safe.This is the most important now.
GOD bless you.
My regards
Chico

#198860 - 07/20/02 01:07 PM Re: Lightening Strikes Twice in a Row!
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
Cliff and Family,
I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your home. I had heard it on the news at the hospital but would never have guessed that it involved friends.
I am nearby and may be able to help in some way. I am not home much right now with Jann in the hospital with a heart attack but you can leave word on my answering maching if I can help in any way. Please feel free to call me. There must be some way we can be helpful to your and your family during this trying time. I once lost a child and our home in a fire so I have a strong memory of what is involved.
Best to you from Bebop

#198861 - 07/20/02 03:49 PM Re: Lightening Strikes Twice in a Row!
dlstarry Offline

Loc: MN. U.S.A.
Cliff & Family
I am sorry to hear about your loss.
I'm very glad to hear everyone is OK.
I hope you get everything built back the way
you want them.
God Bless You & Your Family
Denny

#198862 - 07/20/02 04:24 PM Re: Lightening Strikes Twice in a Row!
Eric, B Offline

Loc: Ventura, Ca, USA
Hi Cliff,

I'm glad you and your family are alright.
Your loss sadens me and also reminds me of how fragile we all are.

My prayers are with you and your family

Eric

#198863 - 07/20/02 11:11 PM Re: Lightening Strikes Twice in a Row!
Clif Anderson Offline

Thanks, friends, for your kind thoughts. My family and I are alright. I expect that sometime this year or maybe early next year, we will be back in our old home with a better roof.

It was close, though. The fire started at our next-door neighbors' house. They basically lost everything they had in the house, including (in the garage) a pristine 55 Chevy. Two other neighbors had severe damage. The big losers were the firemen--twelve were injured, five seriously enough to need medical attention.

I appreciate the kindness, but I feel a little embarassed to have my problems mentioned alongside Bebops. I first met Bebop and Jann less than a month ago. Bebop had talked about her extensively before she arrived home and when they were together you could see how special there relationship is. I am so happy her recovery is going well.

#198864 - 07/21/02 05:40 PM Re: Lightening Strikes Twice in a Row!
ComposerRyan Offline

Clif, I am so sorry about the fire. Thank God that you and your family are all okay. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers - and, if you need anything, please let us know! We are all here for you.

I pray that God comforts you and your family and that you can be provided with a place to stay until your home is back to normal again.

You will be in my thoughts and prayers,
Ryan

ALSO, PLEASE BE SURE TO VISIT THE WEBQUAD NETWORK AT:
http://www.webquad.com

CONTACT ME AT:
composerryan@webquad.com

#198865 - 07/21/02 09:34 PM Re: Lightening Strikes Twice in a Row!
shiral Offline

Loc: IL, USA
Clif,

Sorry to learn the bad news and glad everyone is all right. I wish you strength and courage to make it through and rebuild it all.

Shiral

#198866 - 07/22/02 06:00 AM Re: Lightening Strikes Twice in a Row!
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Clif ..... So sorry to hear about your loss ... if you need anything, don't be shy, let your extended S-Z family know .. we're here to help .....
t.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online