SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#119155 - 05/01/02 08:51 AM GC offers 12 months free financing AGAIN !
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
Sorry my arranger friends but this is an advertisement ..............

Yes ............get all of your favorite arranger keyboards interest free for 12 months ! you don't pay til next may !
Yamaha - Korg - Roland $299.99 and up !

GUITAR CENTER !

Pro audio gear as well !

Ketron products can be included as long as something is added to the ticket . Like M Audio powered monitors . Call for details ............

dano at 410 821 5200 or email
oneils4@comcast.net ( i believe that i have this email fixed ! )

[This message has been edited by DanO1 (edited 05-01-2002).]

#119156 - 05/01/02 11:04 AM Re: GC offers 12 months free financing AGAIN !
freddynl Offline

Loc: netherlands
Dan,
while you're on it

I'm looking for a ES 335 not too expensive...

fred

#119157 - 05/01/02 02:02 PM Re: GC offers 12 months free financing AGAIN !
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Fred,
Have you ever played the SheridonII series by Epiphone? I had two of them, and I swear -there is SO LITTLE difference between them and the 335. Plus, they are only about $700 ! You GOTTA at least try one. That "Gibson" logo isn't worth the extra $1500 to me !

#119158 - 05/01/02 02:29 PM Re: GC offers 12 months free financing AGAIN !
freddynl Offline

Loc: netherlands
Hello Dave,
Yes I did last week in fact! (695 euro by the way so even cheaper in dutch country)

It looked beautifull I must say and was pretty good, but was definately missing the warmth and in depth tones of the vintage
es 335.
I have an old sg standard with the same P90 '57 pickups as on the earlier es series.
I am looking for something simular but then an archtop.
The epiphone model was no add on sound to my sg.

There was another model though of epiphone I tried out which had a very nice tone (forgot the name.. it was something like soltano?)
But unfortunately the guitar itselve was very bad, resonance problems from B and upper.
It had the old pickup replica's with less windings as the normal humbuckers and somehow this guitar sounded brilliant apart from the resonance problems.
The store would look to see or they could resolve the problem or get another one as I definately would have bought it otherwise.
This guitar was singing but unfortunately a bit false...

And no I don't want to pay + $ 2000,-- either, so the search goes on...
There are coming some simular models from crafter this summer which I will try out.
I recently bought an acoustic from Crafter a TC 035 with "shadow" pickup. I never had an acoustic sounding so well thru a pa system (completely keeping the acoustic sound) and so well finished and well playable.
Not one mistake.! ( And guitars are never perfect.) So I am really curious how their archtop models are...!

Anyway thanks for the tip..

Fred

#119159 - 05/01/02 08:40 PM Re: GC offers 12 months free financing AGAIN !
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
MACKIE products are available as well as M Audio ( sound cards ) . Condenser microphones are available as well !

Lot's of gear ! dano

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online