SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#109659 - 04/27/02 02:59 PM PSR 2000 Floppy Problem
Anonymous
Unregistered

Here is one for the PSR 2000 book.

Wednesday I played a job using registrations saved to my Main Performance Floppy. As usual, I heard a few things I wanted to tweak before the next job.

Thursday, when I went to work on it, I changed one registration, saved it...then noticed some of the other registrations did not change tempos from song to song. Hmmmm.
So I tried saving the correct tempos and got the "Disc Full" message. Ahaaaa.

Next step was to delete a few of the lesser used registrations from the floppy...and Presto...it worked as it should.

The only thing I can figure is, the floppy needs a little "breathing room" in order to call up all the parameters that have been inputted.

The one thing it taught me was to NOT change and save registrations on the job. My tempos would have had to be set manually the rest of the night. Certainly do-able...but time consuming and an annoyance when performing.

Having backups to floppies that work flawlessly is also critical. Should this ever happen to any of you, I hope you won't panic. Just remember to avoid maxing out your floppies.

Eddie

#109660 - 04/27/02 03:45 PM Re: PSR 2000 Floppy Problem
jedi Offline

Loc: Merrimack, N.H.
Hi Eddie
Thanks for the tip, I think the floppies need to have room to make there own "boot-folder"?? I know when I transfer midi files or save settings to a floppy there is always this "system folder" right where the "A" button is (left side of the screen). Haven`t quite figured it out , but I think it`s like a hard disk there is always something on it Take care, and have a nice evenning! O-BTW how are you deal`n with the keyboard (the toy key`s)?
jedi

#109661 - 04/27/02 08:50 PM Re: PSR 2000 Floppy Problem
Anonymous
Unregistered

Jedi...
The "Boot Folder" you mention is there and it all makes more sense to me now.

As far as what you call the "toy keys" I don't have a problem with them. In the old days on accuoustics and later on, arrangers, I used to pound them pretty hard. But I am now in my 4th Yamaha and have learned how to get what I want without abusing them. The old Contact Key Strip thing has taught me a few lessons.

While there has been much negative discussion about the board here, I honestly have to say it is the best, all around keyboard I have ever had. The test of wearability will only be decided in time...but so far...I am very happy with the 2K. I also like the 740... but too much button pushing on the job for me. Great back up though.

I would love to see other good keyboards, but unfortunately, none of the stores in my area carry anything over about $400.

Eddie

#109662 - 04/27/02 10:31 PM Re: PSR 2000 Floppy Problem
jedi Offline

Loc: Merrimack, N.H.
Hi Eddie,
Glad I could help (with all the help that has been given to me, I glad I can contribute) I like my 2000 too, but I must admit I realy wish they had put more quality into the construction. I too have own several "Yamaha KB`s" , before my Y2K, I had a PSR510 great KB you could layer both left and right splits , PSS-480 (49 key -synth) a hole bunch of parameters to "play-with" but not an "arranger KB" and last but not least was the X-4500 , back in the late 80`s yamaha wanted to try there hand at what would be come "arranger KB`s" but it only had a polyphany of 8 notes plus it had midi !! There was not much you could do with 8 notes BUT the build quality was super but the size didn`t make it portable and it actuly took batteries?? but came with a PA-5 adapter. It was about 4ft long and about 18in. deep, so it would have been a tough haul (forgive the bun) and there have been a few "Hammonds" over the year`s and a couple of "Casio`s" ,including the 82 model 701 no midi but it read "bar-code" music. Sorry for the long reply I just get-into KB`s Have a great day!!
jedi

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online