SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#206003 - 02/22/02 09:06 AM Anyone using Band in a Box with their PSR's
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Is anyone using this program with their PSR's..? I was very fortunate to aquire this program today... I want to use it with my PSR-550. Here's what I want to do.. Will this program allow me to make backing tracks, and then save them as midi files and play them back through my PSR-550? If so how will they sound? I will be playing at a function in a few weeks and I would like to be able to make some midi files with this software so all I have to do is sit down and play the keys..... It's a short function so the music is really just for background noise...

Thanks,
Squeak
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#206004 - 02/22/02 09:20 AM Re: Anyone using Band in a Box with their PSR's
Graham UK Offline

Loc: Lincolnshire UK
squeak D...Basically BIAB will do all that is in your question...its a great program. The latest version is ver11 but even from ver9 which I use they included an excellent Solo Improvisation feature. The help file is extensive so print it out and get eyes reading.
The most impressive feature for me is you can knock up a song and save it as Midi File within 10 minutes with Drums,Bass and all ACC tracks. Also the printout is the best quality you will obtain of any sequencing program.

Happy programming...Graham UK

#206005 - 02/22/02 09:23 AM Re: Anyone using Band in a Box with their PSR's
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I've often wondered . . . can you save the styles you create on BIAB and use them on Yamaha?
DonM

#206006 - 02/22/02 09:32 AM Re: Anyone using Band in a Box with their PSR's
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
You don't actually create styles, you just pick which ones to use and assemble them into measures that make up your score.

#206007 - 02/22/02 09:34 AM Re: Anyone using Band in a Box with their PSR's
squeak_D Offline

That's a good question Don. Actaully I was talking to someone about that yesterday. It would be neat if this was possible. Wouldn't you actually have to find a way to convert them to Yamaha's format though? There's no style conversion with the PSR's, so I imagine you'd have to find some way to convert them...

Squeak
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#206008 - 02/22/02 09:37 AM Re: Anyone using Band in a Box with their PSR's
squeak_D Offline

oops sorry for calling you "Don" Uncle Dave, that's what happens to me when I have 50 things going through my mind at the same time.... Plus I'm running on like 3 hours of sleep each night since the baby was born...

Squeak

#206009 - 02/22/02 03:26 PM Re: Anyone using Band in a Box with their PSR's
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
You were right, it was Don that asked the question. That baby must have you seeing double.
Are there ANY keyboards on which you can use BIAB styles without too much trouble?
Anyone? . . . Anyone? . . .
Forrest Bueller

[This message has been edited by DonM (edited 02-22-2002).]

#206010 - 02/22/02 03:53 PM Re: Anyone using Band in a Box with their PSR's
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Hi all
BB styles might be a good source to convert for
different keyboardstyles.
I.e. in EMC, you can import a midifile made in
BBox.
Then it's "just to" make a chain of the intro,
variations, fills and ending for a many measures
you want in C, and after saved as midi, import
to EMC for midi to style convert.
I've thought of it earlier, but not actually
done any serious tryouts, but maybe it's time
to test it out?
GJ
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online