SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#195499 - 01/28/02 01:15 PM PSR 2000 - Sequencing and Style Recording
Shakil Offline

I have been using PSR 2000 for more than 2 months, and yet I have to figure out how to keep track settings while recording a song or style.

Here is a situation:

I create a new blank style. I want to set voices for each track. Drums1, drums2, bass, accomp1, accomp2, pad, phrase 1, phrase 2. How do I do that?

It seems that PSR 2000 will take the voice seetings from the MAIN keyabord voice.

So I go to rythm2 track. change the voice to arabic kit. record a measure. then I go to the bass track, record the bass. Now if I come back to rythm2 track and start recording, it will record with bass sound. How do I keep the voice that I had select before?

Second question:
Is there a way to play along the style, while creating a new style and not always have to record.

For example, I have done the rythm 1 and rhtym2 tracks, and now I want to record the bass section. I can't just play along, I must record it.

thanks for your help in advance.

#195500 - 01/29/02 12:31 PM Re: PSR 2000 - Sequencing and Style Recording
Shakil Offline

does anyone know answers to the questions in the previous message?

how do I contact YAMAHA tech support directly?

#195501 - 01/29/02 12:50 PM Re: PSR 2000 - Sequencing and Style Recording
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by Shakil:
How do I keep the voice that I had select before?

You need to re-save the style (with the changed voice settings) by going to: function>digital recording>style creator. Select the assembly tab> save.

Quote:
Originally posted by Shakil:

Is there a way to play along the style, while creating a new style and not always have to record.
For example, I have done the rythm 1 and rhtym2 tracks, and now I want to record the bass section. I can't just play along, I must record it.

You will be able to play (perform) along with your changed style after you have 'saved' it first. I typically save my style audition changes (in user memory) as: style1, style2, style3 and then later audition them and select (keep) my favorite from among these, deleting the others.

Hope this helps. - Scott

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online