SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#119740 - 01/28/02 04:10 PM Response from Yamaha
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I am pasting the correspondence I sent to Yamaha and their response regarding upgrades.
Don

>>> dmason43@bellsouth.net 01/27/02 11:39PM >>>
Request Type: Technical Support
Don Mason
Model: PSR2000
Serial#:

Several of the Vocal Harmony settings do not function properly on my PSR2000. I phoned customer support and they agreed with me. That was several weeks ago.
The settings in questions are Karaoke Girl and Speedy Mouse, and there may be others. The problem is that the lead voice is NOT eliminated on these settings. Why would you want a Mouse to sing harmony with you?
Also, you should be able to save the intro and ending preferences to Registration. Also the Fingering Mode.
My OS is version 1.0. We really need upgrade!
Thanks,
Don

Hi Don,

Still waiting to get the info and update chips from Japan. They've been informed. Sorry it's taking so long.

Dave

[This message has been edited by DonM (edited 01-28-2002).]

[This message has been edited by DonM (edited 01-28-2002).]

#119741 - 01/28/02 05:58 PM Re: Response from Yamaha
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by DonM:
you should be able to save the intro and ending preferences to Registration.

Don, I was just about to post & complain about this very issue and ask you guys if other PSR models (PSR9000/9000pro) had this same problem too. I assume now that this really is a legitimate PSR2000 problem (bug) and can only hope Yamaha will address/fix this problem (as well as the others) and provide a 'DOWNLOADABLE' OS update "SOON" ! To be honest, this specific issue is really beginning to affect my show performances now, because I now utilize Registration Banks (as I did on my Technics KN5000) to store my songs.

Quote:
Originally posted by Dave (Yamaha):

Hi Don, Still waiting to get the info and update chips from Japan. They've been informed. Sorry it's taking so long. - Dave

hmmm. Interesting . . . Update chips? Is Yamaha Dave infering here that our reported problem(s) can only be addressed via a hardware chip replacement, not FLASH ROM (software)? ! I certainly hope not.

I thought the whole idea of the PSR2000's FLASH ROM OS system was to keep users from having to take their keyboards into a shop. This could mean being without our KBs for days (or even weeks), or at least until the technician can schedule the time to perform the chip installation. Ordering parts, etc. As a gigging musician, this scenerio would not be acceptable for me.

Don, please keep us posted on latest developments.

- Scott

#119742 - 01/28/02 08:25 PM Re: Response from Yamaha
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
I'd be happy if the mic effect settings, and harmony choice could be saved in registrations. I only need a "workbench" program to start out with - the rest is easy to make changes on the fly. It's a lot of kb for a thousand bucks, so I won't expect it to be a porsche in VW clothing.
It would be nice of these few bugs could get corrected though.
I'll send them a note too - maybe we can get a fire started under someone's butt.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online