SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#106504 - 01/27/02 06:02 PM Hook up
brickboo Offline

Loc: Fruita, Colorado, USA
I just hooked up my ih (Korg Harmonizer) coming out the L&R outputs into my (new toy)a Nanoverb L&R inputs then into two seperate channels on my stereo Mixer. I pan one channel R and the other L.

Here's the problem. The top voice (the one that sounds female to me) is louder and doesn't seem to sound as good as before when I just ran out of the L for use as mono straight into the mixer.

Can someone help? Am I doing something wrong?
Boo

#106505 - 01/27/02 08:14 PM Re: Hook up
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Boo,
Are you using that Rogue Roller PA? That's a mono amp, and it won't matter how many channels you use - it'll always be mono. If the one voice is louder than the other - adjust the level on the input channel of the mixer. And BTW - the Korg doesn't have a "gender" choice - just pitch.
You are probably loosing bass response because of an "out of phase" situation caused by the mono amp. In effect, you have the same signal being sent to 2 channels. Go back to the old way if it sounds better.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online