SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#215002 - 12/17/01 09:11 AM On X1 "sloppiness". Where is everybody?
Mario Offline

Loc: Wayside, New jersey, USA
A few day ago I posted an item emphasizing the great points about this board and also some of its shortcommings; among them the "sloppyness" when adding harmony to the lead and the "piercing" noise comming out of the main out when the keyboard is idle. So far only one member of the group has acknowledged and offered his thoughts on both subjects and that member is AJ who is one of my "favorite" guys on the subject of keyboards. Since the problems remain, I am, however, surprise that more X1 owners have not come out to debate these issues, which brings me to the conclusion that this problems are "intrinsic" with the X1 (some owners are willing to live with some of these "idiosincrasis"). I confess that I was waiting for more feedback on this subject in the hope that I was the only one experiencing this problem, in which case there was a chance at having the K/board fixed. But I am rather desappointed to know that I have to learn to live with this "deficiencies" on what could easily be one of the best K/boards around.
Happy Holidays everyone!
Mario

#215003 - 12/17/01 02:25 PM Re: On X1 "sloppiness". Where is everybody?
flowerssupply Offline

Loc: Ireland
I was off the air as advised but I dont have the piercing noise prob and I dont use harmony -- sometimes I use a 2nd voice but sont feel so bas I am waiting over a year to discuss single registrations and the slow change from one single reg to another and want to share tect files a nd I get no bite either so there you go happy Christmas Pierce

#215004 - 12/18/01 08:03 AM Re: On X1 "sloppiness". Where is everybody?
Mario Offline

Loc: Wayside, New jersey, USA
Pierce:
I am glad you don't have the noise out of the X1, they told me in Nyack NY that I have to live with it. I do use harmony a lot specially with piano and strings; I just purchased the PSR2000 and works great in this respect and is also very quiet when idle. As far as registrations go, the X1 has all over Yamaha, I don't use Global regs., I simply save the Single regs. on to hard disk or floppies and recall them as I need them, the procedure is quite simple, let me know if you need help there, I may be able to help you.
Have Happy Holiday
Mario

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online