SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#176360 - 12/15/01 08:53 PM Generalmusic WK6 "Latino" Keyboard
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
I've been waiting for several months to receive my first WK6 Latino Keyboard......
My friend from Generalmusic, Chris Anthony has really outdone himself this time. For anyone needing genuine Latin American styles and sounds, this keyboard is amazing. He has programmed 64 performances of authentic Mexican, Columbian, Cuban, Brazilian, etc. styles and sounds. The Mariachi Trumpets, Accordians, Guitars, etc. are great. I don't know if you will be able to find these keyboards in many stores as they are very specialized, but I would like to let you all know that this is a great addition to their "niche" products.
Maybe we will see an "Armenian" WK6 in the near future!
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
(Retired 2021)

#176361 - 12/16/01 09:53 AM Re: Generalmusic WK6 "Latino" Keyboard
Mike H Offline

Loc: Homer AK
George - happy holidays

Do you think GEM will continue producing the WK series after they release Genesys? On the WK6 Latino - all the other jazz and ballad styles are still on there right? Do you think the Genesys will be available when its unveiled or is there likely to be a substantial wait? And lastly - any rough ideas on its probable price range?

thanks - MH

#176362 - 12/16/01 10:37 AM Re: Generalmusic WK6 "Latino" Keyboard
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
Mike,
Yes, all the other styles are on the WK6 Latino keyboard. What they've done is put the new Latino styles in the flash ram empty locations. There are 32 empty flash locations on the WK series and they've put either 16 or 24 Latino styles in these areas. They've also increased the flash rom from 2 MB to 8MB to have enough memory for all the additional Latino samples and loops.
I think this is the direction Generalmusic will elect to follow. This way they can have a keyboard for under $2000.00 that can be both "International" as well as "niche" specific. Genesis will be at least as expensive as the current WK8se if not a bit more. I don't know if these newly developed Latino collection style and sounds will be able to be used in Genesis but my guess is that they probably will be able to.
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
(Retired 2021)

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online