SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#131570 - 11/30/01 08:19 AM Recording Question
B2 Offline

Loc: Westfield, Massachesetts, USA
Hi Folks,
Thought I posted this already, but I don't see it on the forum, so if it's a duplicate, ignore it. Anyhow, being a certified techno-illiterate, I have a few questions regarding recording and editing. First, how do I copy a bass line, or drum beat while recording. There must be a way to play a 4 measure or less bass line/drum beat, and then copy it over. I'm talking about real time, rwecording utilizing the 16 track sequencer. Or do I have to step record to copy and paste. Next.....

After I have finished some songs, utilizing real time recording, I wanted to clean them up and add some expressiveness...but It's like trying to talk with a mouth full of peanut butter or write left handed as a right hander. Is editing best with software. Also, step editing is obviously way over my head...I just don't seem to get how to read the data. Any material yamaha related out there? I'm talking fade in's and Out's, adding ideas (which I usually do by adding another track, playing with volumes. Last but not least, I do not currently have a volume pedal. That changes the individual voices volume, right?, without effecting other voices, or will that fade in and out like the button effecting the entire 16 channels. That's all for now. This forum is a great educational as well as inspirational resource. Thanks to all you experts for pulling us slackards up by the bootstraps.....Brian

#131571 - 11/30/01 08:54 AM Re: Recording Question
Chris - Roland VA3 Offline

Loc: Leicester, Leicestershire, Eng...
Nobody can really help you until you let us know what kind of keyboard you have.
The recording and editing functions vary from keyboard to keyboard so we don't really have enough information to help you.

Chris

#131572 - 11/30/01 09:00 AM Re: Recording Question
B2 Offline

Loc: Westfield, Massachesetts, USA
Doh!!!!!! what a maroooooooon....Thanks Chris.....I have a PSR 2000.... Brian

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online