SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#508061 - 03/26/23 04:12 PM Setting up footswitch for harmonies?
Bill in Dayton Offline

Loc: Dayton, OH USA
I am struggling trying to get a foot pedal to turn on/off the PSR's vocal harmonies.

With the kb off I connected a yamaha pedal to the pedal 2 input.

Turned on kb, then hit menu, then assignable, then selected harmonies in the box labeled pedal 2.

There's no SAVE icon on that page.

The harmonies are now on, no matter I do with my pedal. I also notice that on the keyboard "Voice effect" section, the red light does come on and then go off every time I step on my pedal, BUT, the harmony is on regardless if it shows on or off in that section.

I've read the owner's manual and the reference manual on this task, but I'm doing something wrong.

I've looked for a video tutorial on here, the psr tutorial site and You Tube and I've come up empty.

Are there any easy to understand instructions on how to do this?

#508072 - 03/28/23 01:37 PM Re: Setting up footswitch for harmonies? [Re: Bill in Dayton]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Bill, do you wish to set vocal harmony or instrument harmony?

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#508076 - 03/29/23 10:31 AM Re: Setting up footswitch for harmonies? [Re: travlin'easy]
Bill in Dayton Offline

Vocal harmony, Gary...

#508080 - 03/30/23 10:52 AM Re: Setting up footswitch for harmonies? [Re: Bill in Dayton]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
When I was using the onboard harmonizer, I set up a registration that saved the foot pedal settings, which included vocal harmony. However, I quickly discovered that you had to also had to anchor the setting in place by utilizing the Parameter Lock or it would often change when I switched to another style. I'm not sure why this occurs, but the parameter lock kept it in place until I turned the keyboard off and had to fire it up again. So, upon startup, I first unchecked Mic Settings in the Parameter lock, then activated my registration, than went back to Parameter lock and anchored everything in place. It only took a few seconds, and it worked quite well.

Later, when I began using the TC Helicon Harmony-M, I did not have to worry with this, though the mic output still went through the keyboard, but I no longer used the Keyboard's onboard vocal harmony - just some of the effects.

Hope this helps,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#508081 - 04/02/23 06:16 AM Re: Setting up footswitch for harmonies? [Re: travlin'easy]
Bill in Dayton Offline

Thanks, Gary!

I'm swamped with "real life this weekend, but hopefully will have some time with the kb in the next few days.

It was very nice of you to give a call and, as always, it was enjoyable chatting with you for awhile.

Thanks again,

Bill

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online