SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#507150 - 11/29/22 11:26 AM Great "Beater"guitars!
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
A word of caution. Reverb, an excellent site for selling guitars, basses and related gear started issuing a 1099 this year to sellers. That means capital gains tax will be owed to the IRS from now on.

(DOUBLE-OUCH)!

Russ

Last year, to raise funds for a great cause, I sold off some of my guitars(more than 90 to date), basses and related equipment. I used Reverb. Most are older Gibsons, Fenders, Guilds and the like.

For years, I have gravitated to "BEATERS"; foreign made (usually Asia) instruments I use as daily players, often constructed from tooling from the original company.

The finishes are more "car-like) and they will never gain in value like the originals, but playing them will avoid a drunk from kicking a $5,000.00 piece into a stone fence on a horse farm (happened to me....TWICE!).

Budget lines of D'Angelico, Guild, Gretsch and others are available, at really descent prices.

My "go-to"guitar right now is a semi0hollow Peerless Bird of Prey. Peerless is a Korean company. They began manufacturing Epiphone guitars for Gibson years ago, but were so good they they now manufacture and market under their own name.This instrument plays much better than the 335 I sold last week.

Check them out!

R.

Edited by captain Russ (11/29/22 11:47 AM)

#507153 - 11/29/22 05:27 PM Re: Great "Beater"guitars! [Re: captain Russ]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Russ, you gotta get rid of some of that stuff, then piss away the money on expensive booze, fast gas guzzling cars and young, hot babes in the passenger seat. wink I keep getting rid of stuff, but the I add something all the time. Hell, I don't have much time left on Planet Earth, so I just purchased the Cadillac of charcoal grills and it arrived today. The same company (Ace Hardware) hauled my 20 year old gas grill that tipped the scales at 250 pounds, all heavy gauge stainless. Everything inside rotted out and I replaced the burners a dozen times at $75 a pop, so I gave myself an early Christmas present. Also ordered some more Wagu Kobi beef fillet mignons for Christmas dinner. With luck, I'll make it that far and be able to enjoy them.

All the best, everyone and enjoy the holidays,

Gary cool (The old fart) smile

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#507158 - 11/30/22 07:59 AM Re: Great "Beater"guitars! [Re: travlin'easy]
zuki Offline

Grilling! I was an old charcoal guy, not willing to change, until I caught up with the 3 burner Blackstone. What a great grill/flat top burner. Have fun Gary.

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online