SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#504987 - 02/21/22 07:14 PM People that created styles for Arranger Keyboards.
Vadim Offline

I always wonder which great minds created the styles for arrangers keyboards.
How come no one knows the people that create styles for Korg, Roland, Yamaha, Ketron ?
How come there are no interviews of them, and they’re not even credit by the companies ?
Why are they kept so secret ?

Edited by Vadim (02/21/22 08:11 PM)

#504989 - 02/22/22 12:59 AM Re: People that created styles for Arranger Keyboards. [Re: Vadim]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
A lot of the styles are made by the demonstrators of the manufactures and those that do work for the manufactures; in addition many of the concert artists also do style development work for the manufactures. (Thus plenty of interviews about)
Most western style development is done in the UK and Germany as they have the largest markets for arranger keyboards. (Again you will find many interviews in the various magazines available)

Bill

#504991 - 02/22/22 07:41 AM Re: People that created styles for Arranger Keyboards. [Re: abacus]
Vadim Offline

Originally Posted By abacus
A lot of the styles are made by the demonstrators of the manufactures and those that do work for the manufactures; in addition many of the concert artists also do style development work for the manufactures. (Thus plenty of interviews about)
Most western style development is done in the UK and Germany as they have the largest markets for arranger keyboards. (Again you will find many interviews in the various magazines available)

Bill

can you please send me the links to those videos and interviews ? my search and browse skill must be terrible because Ive been watching videos about keyboards and sometimes reading music magazines for over 20 years and haven't found a single interview of such sort

#504995 - 02/22/22 11:07 AM Re: People that created styles for Arranger Keyboards. [Re: Vadim]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Yeah, I'm with you. I know very little about who and how styles created. I do know that SZ member Manual Dorantes has made some fantastic regional Mexican styles for Yamaha.

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#505000 - 02/23/22 12:57 AM Re: People that created styles for Arranger Keyboards. [Re: Vadim]
Anthony Johnson Offline

Loc: Sheffield Yorkshire England
To people who played Technics keyboards and who were members of the TechPlus Club we were well aquainted with the Style creators and were kept informed by the TechPlus magazine as to what was happening in our special world.
They created some of the best styles I have ever heard.
Unfortunately, Yamaha don't keep in touch with their customers in the same way and Roland never did either.
I can't comment on Korg because I've never owned or played one.
I do think that we should be informed more as to what was happening behind the scenes but with today's corporate world that's unlikely.

#505001 - 02/23/22 01:30 AM Re: People that created styles for Arranger Keyboards. [Re: Vadim]
abacus Offline

There were plenty of magazines (Print) in the UK & Germany that featured arranger players, demonstrators and concert artists which explained a lot of their work, they also produced articles (And still do) for the customers. (The most well-known for Yamaha in the UK is the Yamaha Club who regularly feature articles on style creation by top artists (As well as having their own festival)
There were various ones for both Korg & Roland as well as others, and of course general keyboard magazines that featured both organs, (The organs easy play features were where the arranger keyboard stemmed from) Pianos and arranger keyboards. (Keyboard Cavalcade (Print) is probably the best known in the UK)
Various forums are available for most manufactures that are still around (Sone like Roland.com have gone due to low demand) where help is available. (If you do a search you will also find various podcasts that have sections that feature arranger keyboards with Community keyboards in the UK being quite popular)
There are many other countries as well if you do a quick search on Google. (I also did a quick search for arranger style creation on YouTube and a number of videos came up straight away)
In the UK (And Europe) there are also many festivals that feature arranger keyboards were you get to talk to the style creators as well as getting live demos of how to get the best out of the keyboards.
As you can see there are plenty about if you don’t mind paying for some of them (You can’t put a price on Knowledge) by just doing a general search. (The US is a problem as arranger keyboards are so minute compared to other countries there is no incentive to bother with them. (That’s the reason most magazines and sites are run from Europe and Asia)

Bill

#505002 - 02/23/22 03:45 AM Re: People that created styles for Arranger Keyboards. [Re: Anthony Johnson]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Like Anthony J, thanks to Technics thinking, I learn how to edit and create a style to my liking.
The magic words are, “To my liking”.

The bass needed an extra beat/note just before the first beat. I play guitar, so I know how that should sound. I edited the same style four different ways to give me variation. That is why I love Multi-Pads and switches which cut some of style tracks. I found Korg friendly in that area.

John C.
PS, Anthony Johnson, a name from the past. (nice)

#505003 - 02/23/22 05:32 AM Re: People that created styles for Arranger Keyboards. [Re: Vadim]
Vadim Offline

you guys keep mentioning that those people are mentioned in magazines and interviews. Where can I find those interviews ? What are their names ? I keep googling and googling and cannot find anything, not a single clue

#505004 - 02/23/22 06:17 AM Re: People that created styles for Arranger Keyboards. [Re: Vadim]
Anthony Johnson Offline

Loc: Sheffield Yorkshire England
I have never heard of "Print" magazine at all, let alone featuring keybaords.
The last "Keyboard Cavalcade" I saw in a newsagents must have been over 20 years ago. and I regularly bought all the kb mags available in the old days. I even have some still.
I agree that there is the Yamaha Club which I had forgotten about and there are Yamaha websites (some of which, don't like you to mention other makes of keyboard).
I have seen a couple of good sites on You Tube and styles for sale which are pretty good but they are conducted in German which is no good to me.
PS Hi, John C, I'm sure we have had many conversations in the past. Best wishes my friend.

#505006 - 02/23/22 10:38 AM Re: People that created styles for Arranger Keyboards. [Re: Anthony Johnson]
abacus Offline

Originally Posted By Anthony Johnson
I have never heard of "Print" magazine at all, let alone featuring keybaords.
The last "Keyboard Cavalcade" I saw in a newsagents must have been over 20 years ago. and I regularly bought all the kb mags available in the old days. I even have some still.
I agree that there is the Yamaha Club which I had forgotten about and there are Yamaha websites (some of which, don't like you to mention other makes of keyboard).
I have seen a couple of good sites on You Tube and styles for sale which are pretty good but they are conducted in German which is no good to me.

(Print) means they are print publications; it is not the name of a magazine. (And yes. Keyboard Cavalcade magazine is still going strong http://www.cavalcadeproductions.co.uk/index.htm )
As to German then Google Translate is your friend.

Bill

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online