SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#503365 - 07/25/21 01:51 PM Two songs from the Everly Brothers
Terrysutt Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
Two Everly Brothers songs,Let it be me and Love Hurts.

Attachments
Let it be me.mp3 (88 downloads)

#503374 - 07/26/21 01:11 PM Re: Two songs from the Everly Brothers [Re: Terrysutt]
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
Very good Terry. What keyboard and style was this?

Did you know Paul Cartney and The Beatles were heavily influenced and inspired by the Everly Brothers?

Thanks for sharing smile

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#503384 - 07/27/21 11:29 AM Re: Two songs from the Everly Brothers [Re: Terrysutt]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Great tunes!

If I can make a couple of suggestions..?

Try to make sure the lead sound carries the same level and type of reverb that the backing has. It will help the solo bed in with the backing, make it seem like they are one, not a backing in a large room but the piano in a separate small room…!

You might also try the octave or double octave doubler preset in the Melody Intelligence section (or whatever your arranger calls the thing that adds a chord to your solo). It adds power and definition to a one note type melody line, and is a common pianist technique when playing just one solo line…

And finally, as I find myself saying so many times, try turning DOWN your lead sounds! For starters, especially after you take the above advices, your solo sounds like part of the band, not something tacked on top. And secondly, faced with hearing the drums and rhythm so much better, you may find yourself locking into the rhythm of the style better. You’re rushing a bit here and there, and I’m sure you can get into the pocket a bit better hearing the groove. Dragging a melody a bit is often cool, but rushing almost never is!

Turn up the band and RELAX! Let yourself be a part of the band… 🎹😎

#503387 - 07/27/21 12:26 PM Re: Two songs from the Everly Brothers [Re: Diki]
Terrysutt Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
Thanks Larry,the keyboard is a Roland E80,the style used is
8 beat pop 5 with a strange icon in front of the number 8,thanks for the input Dikki,points taken but I`m not sure what you mean
by trying the octave or double octave in the Melody Intelligence
section,how would I set that up?

#503394 - 07/28/21 06:39 PM Re: Two songs from the Everly Brothers [Re: Terrysutt]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
I forgot what you play… but most arrangers got a feature that adds a block chord around your solo line based on the chord the LH plays. On Roland’s it is called Melody Intelligence, on Yamaha’s it’s called Harmony/Echo, I think. But they offer a variety of types of chord voicings (like block same sound, block with a second sound, duo, trio, four voice etc.) and one of the types in Roland’s at least is to simply double your one note melody with a note one octave or two octaves below it.

If you want an easy way to make your single note solo more powerful, and can’t play well in octaves (tough with just one hand!) it is an easy way to make it sound bigger…

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online