Topic Options
#501283 - 10/27/20 01:46 PM How amazing is this
Terrysutt Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
What a future this young chap has.

#501288 - 10/28/20 09:42 AM Re: How amazing is this [Re: Terrysutt]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Child prodigies never cease to amaze me! How is that possible ? I wonder if I could EVER play like that ?

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#501289 - 10/29/20 06:26 AM Re: How amazing is this [Re: Terrysutt]
montunoman Offline

Also when I see children that can play at such a high level, it makes wonder how much of the child’s musical skills are simply genetic or related to the environment which the child was raised? I believe it’s a combination of both but I’d guess the environment in which the child is raised would have the biggest impact on the child’s musical abilities.

#501293 - 10/29/20 08:44 AM Re: How amazing is this [Re: Terrysutt]
Bernie9 Online   content

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
I agree whole heartedly. Not to say these kids aren't very bright and talented, but their upbringing is much more regimented. They are expected to perform to their capacity. Like you say, a combination of both.

#501294 - 10/29/20 10:20 AM Re: How amazing is this [Re: Bernie9]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
I was teaching a student guitar in his home. In the next room a young girl was at the piano, I was amazed to watch her mother, who sat next to her – the disciplined was strong. This is part of their culture, that’s why they are always near the top of what they do.

They treat strangers outside of their home poorly – Inside they are very respectful.
John C.

#501296 - 10/29/20 12:00 PM Re: How amazing is this [Re: Terrysutt]
Bernie9 Online   content

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Interesting, John, I wouldn't have thought that.

#501299 - 10/29/20 10:47 PM Re: How amazing is this [Re: Terrysutt]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Bernie, there was a time in my younger days when I did a study on Japanese culture. Six tapes, there were no DVD at that time, and four books. Their high-end products were among the best.
I also felt that my mothers side of the family were so different the other Itilians, that there might have been a connection.

John C.

#501300 - 10/30/20 07:35 AM Re: How amazing is this [Re: Terrysutt]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
What none of you seem to have noticed is this youngster was not reading sheet music - all of this was embedded in his mind. And, his body was swaying to the music as he played - it was part of him. The music flowed beautifully from his mind to his fingers. There was absolutely no regimentation, nothing that would indicate a rigid aspect of playing that you would expect from someone playing from sheets. I sincerely believe it is a wonderful, built-in talent that seems to flow from him naturally. I suspect he also has a photographic memory as well.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#501303 - 10/30/20 08:52 AM Re: How amazing is this [Re: travlin'easy]
montunoman Offline

Originally Posted By travlin'easy
What none of you seem to have noticed is this youngster was not reading sheet music - all of this was embedded in his mind. And, his body was swaying to the music as he played - it was part of him. The music flowed beautifully from his mind to his fingers. There was absolutely no regimentation, nothing that would indicate a rigid aspect of playing that you would expect from someone playing from sheets. I sincerely believe it is a wonderful, built-in talent that seems to flow from him naturally. I suspect he also has a photographic memory as well.

Gary cool

Nice to see you again Gary! Very good points, for sure. I can only imagine that his parents and siblings are musicians, and he has received excellent training. Photographic memory or not, he must practice a lot!

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online