SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#498217 - 06/06/20 06:47 PM VIDEO is done: "Cry of the Young"
Steve A Offline

Loc: Los Angeles, CA
Arranged on Korg PA 4X. I added additonal real guitars...recorded on TASCAM DP24

#498237 - 06/07/20 09:59 AM Re: VIDEO is done: "Cry of the Young" [Re: Steve A]
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Music....OK. Message...OUTSTANDING!

R.

#498239 - 06/07/20 10:14 AM Re: VIDEO is done: "Cry of the Young" [Re: Steve A]
Dnj Offline

Steve good job..

#498275 - 06/07/20 06:43 PM Re: VIDEO is done: "Cry of the Young" [Re: captain Russ]
Steve A Offline

Originally Posted By captain Russ
Music....OK. Message...OUTSTANDING!

R.

Thanks Cap...Appreciate it

#498326 - 06/08/20 09:00 PM Re: VIDEO is done: "Cry of the Young" [Re: Steve A]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
No one would ever think it was made on an arranger. Excellent sound and arrangement.

#498327 - 06/08/20 09:55 PM Re: VIDEO is done: "Cry of the Young" [Re: Steve A]
bruno123 Offline

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Steve A., you have a talent, good job. Have you any up-lifting topics that you have created, I would love to hear them.

John C.

#498333 - 06/09/20 06:02 AM Re: VIDEO is done: "Cry of the Young" [Re: Steve A]
broker22 Offline

Steve great job and a great song I really enjoyed it. Cal

#498359 - 06/09/20 11:06 AM Re: VIDEO is done: "Cry of the Young" [Re: DonM]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Originally Posted By DonM
No one would ever think it was made on an arranger. Excellent sound and arrangement.

I agree that it sounds excellent, but I think the drums are an "arranger giveaway". I fall into the trap sometimes where I like hearing the drums a bit louder than I would if I were in a live band, and that's how I hear this arrangement. The drums are so prevalent that they take away a bit of the "suspension of reality" (a theatre term) but sounding too perfect, maybe? It's hard to describe what I'm trying to say - it's not a negative - I like the song - I like the sounds used.
(Don't be mad Steve!)
I fall into periods where I have the RH sound too loud ... just because I LIKE the sound I'm using .... usually a Rhodes EP. When drums are in front of the mix, it's usually a sign that the person mixing is not a drummer, and they are thrilled to have these great sounding patterns at their avail. Just my 2 cents - I don't meant to offend. Just wanted to throw my thoughts in, while I'm keyboard & guitarLESS. This packing is a huge deal, but I'm gettin' there.

In a few weeks, I'll have the studio up and running again, and I'll get to work!

#498361 - 06/09/20 11:24 AM Re: VIDEO is done: "Cry of the Young" [Re: Steve A]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Yes, maybe the most common mistake using arrangers live is having the vocal and/or the lead sound too loud. I'm guilty, but try to be aware of it at all times.

#498363 - 06/09/20 11:36 AM Re: VIDEO is done: "Cry of the Young" [Re: Uncle Dave]
Steve A Offline

Originally Posted By Uncle Dave
Originally Posted By DonM

I agree that it sounds excellent, but I think the drums are an "arranger giveaway".
(Don't be mad Steve!)

Touché....Naw not mad at all. They sound like ARRANGER DRUMS CAUSE THEY ARE ARRANGER DRUMS. lol. I thoroughly expected to be called on it. At the very least everyone should know it’s programmed drums. Still no one has mentioned it on ANY FORUM TILL NOW....

BTW....My longtime friend who is a Producer and my most honest & harshest critic, asked "Was it programmed or is it a real drummer" ???

LOL.....man that is too funny.

A quick little "maybe" news. I have placed this on YOUTUBE & only showed this to a few forums, friends, & FB.

I just got an inbox on FB from an A & R Director who saw the vid & heard the song. I know her on a casual basis, & she knows a little of my "Country Music" work, but we don't have an established wotking relationship yet. It's a Small to Mid-Level Nashville label who think this should be released on a much larger platform. Namely theirs. But in her message she was very clear. She wants this for their label as there is a need for this type of song & VIDEO now. She said she wants to take this to her boss & asked if I wanted to set up a meeting...They want to talk...

May or may not pan out, but man.....My day just got a whole lot brighter either way this project goes

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online