SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#496944 - 05/13/20 12:15 PM Just a thought ...
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
... not trying to start trouble BUT:

We have a dedicated forum for bar-rom talk, maybe Nigel could set one up for JUST NEWS related, so the music doesn't get overshadowed by Covid chatter. Current events will always be a welcome part of conversation, but maybe in thins case, since it's so widespread - we can stop posting news here, and just make a dedicated place to feature health related issues. I'm not trying to be a censor, or stifle anyone's right to express their thoughts - it's just the straight news stories I'm talking about.

Am I the only one that thinks this might be a good idea? Don't mean to ruffle any feathers, and I sure hope I didn't.

Peace, all.

#496946 - 05/13/20 12:19 PM Re: Just a thought ... [Re: Uncle Dave]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Current events will turn into political wars.. Forget it!! smile

PS: That is why I stay out of the bar grin

Edited by Fran Carango (05/13/20 12:20 PM)

#496961 - 05/13/20 01:29 PM Re: Just a thought ... [Re: Uncle Dave]
Uncle Dave Offline

Me too, but even the constant broadcast of the news WE ALL KNOW seems out of context here. Like I said, it's natural for conversations to include life events, and many of our talks here involve coping with the challenges brought about by Corona, and I support that. It's the constant posting of main stream news events that are turning into white noise for me. I watch the news. I have the internet. I come here to get away news.

#496964 - 05/13/20 01:50 PM Re: Just a thought ... [Re: Uncle Dave]
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
🤔
But, isn't The Bar the right place to discuss all kinds of matters that don't fit in to the other SZ categories, such as non music related topics?
Even politics, and as I remember, not only fists, but also use of guns was very common in bars,
at least if we shall believe what we've been seeing by watching Western Movies. 🐎 😁😁😁
sofa
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#496966 - 05/13/20 02:12 PM Re: Just a thought ... [Re: Gunnar Jonny]
Uncle Dave Offline

Originally Posted By Gunnar Jonny
🤔
But, isn't The Bar the right place to discuss all kinds of matters that don't fit in to the other SZ categories?

Yes, but since we are a global forum, and we likely have very different sources of news that directly affects us, I just thought that we could limit the number of "just news" reposts .... especially the negative, or sad ones. There's plenty of that to be found everywhere else. I guess the bar is the right place for it for now.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online