SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#488508 - 02/04/20 02:12 PM Insurance - Once Again ...
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
I know I've asked about this before, but I just dropped it as it didn't become an issue, but I've got a booking next week and I've just been asked to provide a certificate of insurance ... I called my insurance agent (homeowners and auto) and he is 'looking into it' ... For those here who have it or have had it, can you provide me with some info as to what company you are/were insured with, and an approximate cost?
Thanks in advance ...

#488522 - 02/04/20 04:20 PM Re: Insurance - Once Again ... [Re: tony mads usa]
Jerryghr Offline

Loc: Buffalo, NY
In my 50 years of playing I have never been required to provide liability insurance coverage. Today, if someone required it I would just refuse the job. Not worth it for 1 performance.

As far as protection for myself I have an Umbrella Policy $1M on my homeowners.

Regards,

Jerryghr

#488524 - 02/04/20 04:30 PM Re: Insurance - Once Again ... [Re: tony mads usa]
Bill Lewis Offline

Loc: Bluffton/Hilton Head SC USA
What Jerry said. No matter what they say you are covered by the venues insurance while there. One of my best friends was a big wheel in Prudential and told. me this. I also have the 1 mil umbrella. Usually a tactic to keep performers out so those having a party have to go with the house ( can you say kickback) entertainment. You able to get a short term policy but I just showed them my. umbrella.

#488525 - 02/04/20 04:34 PM Re: Insurance - Once Again ... [Re: Bill Lewis]
Dnj Offline

Many venues, NH, etc. require it now
and also Dr, documentation proof of flu vaccine also.

#488527 - 02/04/20 04:53 PM Re: Insurance - Once Again ... [Re: Dnj]
tony mads usa Offline

I have a million dollar umbrella also, but that doesn't cover commercial or business activity ...

And Donny is right, more and more places are looking for it ... so far I've been able to dodge the bullet ...

#488529 - 02/04/20 05:05 PM Re: Insurance - Once Again ... [Re: tony mads usa]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
I had to have it - it was a $500 a year business expense because I was a commercial entertainer. I purchased through my local insurance agent, Erie Insurance Exchange, which also insures my home and autos. It was a $1-million dollar policy and pretty much covered all hazards. I also carried a separate policy on my equipment, which cost me about $85 a year. Just one more business expense - both were write-offs and tax deductible.

Many years ago, I purchased a book from Little Black Books titled Tax Write Offs - All That The Law Allows. I read it cover to cover three times and learned something new each time I read it. It may be out of print now, but I'm sure you can find it somewhere on the internet. One of the things it covered was business insurance of all kinds.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#488530 - 02/04/20 05:17 PM Re: Insurance - Once Again ... [Re: travlin'easy]
tony mads usa Offline

Thanks, Gary.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online