SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#484225 - 12/16/19 12:04 PM Sx900 VH2..looper & demo..
Dnj Offline

#484237 - 12/16/19 02:22 PM Re: Sx900 VH2..looper & demo.. [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

well everyone was asking for vh2 demos here is one
and looks like no one is interested..
could already the sx900 excitement has subsided?.....
I hope not. That would leave the door open for KORG,Roland
at Winter NAMM in mid January to walk right in
with something extraordinary..

Edited by Dnj (12/16/19 02:24 PM)

#484245 - 12/16/19 02:53 PM Re: Sx900 VH2..looper & demo.. [Re: Dnj]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
The mic processor is fine.
Everyone who has ever owned a Yamaha arranger has heard the harmonizer, if they sing. It may be marginally better, but still interrupts the vocal path when engaged or disengaged. You have to remember to NOT turn it off or on while you are singing.
And, as you have mentioned many times, it is rather sensitive to overloading and distorting.
I check the forum here periodically if I'm home, but lots of us have real lives to deal with as well and don't have time to immediately listen to every demo posted.
Be patient my friend; yours will be here soon. Hope it likes its new home better this time.
smile

#484252 - 12/16/19 03:51 PM Re: Sx900 VH2..looper & demo.. [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
I think the improvement with the vocal processor began with the introduction of the S series, and I found it very usable with the S-950 with just a slight bit of tuning and tweaking. Yes, you have to watch your timing with the on/off and be careful of overloading and distortion. But, if you're a crooner and don't chew on the mic, it's more than adequate for most performers.

JMO,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#484267 - 12/16/19 05:47 PM Re: Sx900 VH2..looper & demo.. [Re: DonM]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By DonM
The mic processor is fine.
Everyone who has ever owned a Yamaha arranger has heard the harmonizer, if they sing. It may be marginally better, but still interrupts the vocal path when engaged or disengaged. You have to remember to NOT turn it off or on while you are singing.
And, as you have mentioned many times, it is rather sensitive to overloading and distorting.
I check the forum here periodically if I'm home, but lots of us have real lives to deal with as well and don't have time to immediately listen to every demo posted.
Be patient my friend; yours will be here soon. Hope it likes its new home better this time.
smile

All yes to your VH2 assessment..
It is what it is..
TC is far superior nuff said..

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online