SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#474790 - 08/20/19 03:56 PM Any New Arrangers in the Pipeline?
W Tracy Parnell Offline

Loc: NY
September is a month that sometimes features new arrangers. What would you like to see?

I am interested in seeing (not buying because of the price) a new PA5X to see what direction Korg is headed. Most interested in Roland though. Their current lineup features the E-A7 as defacto TOTL. It has been four years though and a new model with a touch screen is called for. The only other serious arranger in the lineup is the BK5 which was released in 2012! Time for an update here too featuring a new screen. No excuse for Roland not to do this.

#474792 - 08/20/19 04:21 PM Re: Any New Arrangers in the Pipeline? [Re: W Tracy Parnell]
Bill Lewis Offline

Loc: Bluffton/Hilton Head SC USA
I don't want to see anything new from Roland. Then I'll have to buy it !!!!

Just kidding, Your right Rolands due for some upgrades in their line. Keep watching, I'm sure some new things will pop up. Then maybe someone will upgrade and I can get a BK7M for a good deal.

#474793 - 08/20/19 04:33 PM Re: Any New Arrangers in the Pipeline? [Re: W Tracy Parnell]
Crossover Offline

Originally Posted By W Tracy Parnell
September is a month that sometimes features new arrangers. What would you like to see?

I am interested in seeing (not buying because of the price) a new PA5X to see what direction Korg is headed. Most interested in Roland though. Their current lineup features the E-A7 as defacto TOTL. It has been four years though and a new model with a touch screen is called for. The only other serious arranger in the lineup is the BK5 which was released in 2012! Time for an update here too featuring a new screen. No excuse for Roland not to do this.

BK line was Roland Europe, that‘s history. I‘m not sure Roland Japan will come up with another arranger.

#474795 - 08/20/19 07:01 PM Re: Any New Arrangers in the Pipeline? [Re: Crossover]
W Tracy Parnell Offline

Loc: NY
Originally Posted By Crossover

BK line was Roland Europe, that‘s history. I‘m not sure Roland Japan will come up with another arranger.

That would be a shame. Did Europe do the E-A7 as well?

#474797 - 08/20/19 09:10 PM Re: Any New Arrangers in the Pipeline? [Re: Crossover]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By Crossover

There is a rumor floating around
A ew Roland flaship to be anounced in september
The Roland pegasus..

But its more akin to the fa06 maybe even fantom line of workstations..

Roland arrangers seems to only concentrate on the asian market..
Where the ea-7 lives at the sweetpoint of prices

http://keyszone.boards.net

#474805 - 08/21/19 12:42 AM Re: Any New Arrangers in the Pipeline? [Re: W Tracy Parnell]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Roland now primarily concentrates on the Pro market with only entry level arrangers being aimed at the Home Hobby Player, (They have even dropped the Atelier range as well as any TOTL Arrangers) and before anybody starts moaning that arrangers get a bad rap, the sales to pros are miniscule compared to Workstations, Synths etc. as it always has been.
The BK7m module used the technology that was being developed for the G90 (The G70 replacement) before it was shelved by Roland and TOTL Arrangers ceased, the rest of the BK line was taken over by Roland US (The Europe arm was either winding down or had already gone) with all the products being made in China.
As to the future then sales of traditional keyboards that most SZ members are used to are dying out (The next decade will be their Swan Song) as the younger generation don’t want them, so expect something new to come along that will also have remnants of the past. (The way development has always gone)

Bill

#474808 - 08/21/19 03:38 AM Re: Any New Arrangers in the Pipeline? [Re: abacus]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By abacus
Roland now primarily concentrates on the Pro market with only entry level arrangers being aimed at the Home Hobby Player, (They have even dropped the Atelier range as well as any TOTL Arrangers) and before anybody starts moaning that arrangers get a bad rap, the sales to pros are miniscule compared to Workstations, Synths etc. as it always has been.
The BK7m module used the technology that was being developed for the G90 (The G70 replacement) before it was shelved by Roland and TOTL Arrangers ceased, the rest of the BK line was taken over by Roland US (The Europe arm was either winding down or had already gone) with all the products being made in China.
As to the future then sales of traditional keyboards that most SZ members are used to are dying out (The next decade will be their Swan Song) as the younger generation don’t want them, so expect something new to come along that will also have remnants of the past. (The way development has always gone)

Bill

Try and look outside of europe and see the future of arrangers...

Arrangers are very popular by young and old in large parts of africa, south america and espescially southeast asia..

Thats why and where the EA7 sells very very well..

Overhere in europe, i guess the youth will rediscover the arranger as soon as
A) it becomes available as a ipad app.
B) a Deejay starts using a software version or arranger module on stage..
C) yamaha or Korg decide to make a high end but affordable hardware arranger filled with content the youth actually listens to..

#474811 - 08/21/19 08:28 AM Re: Any New Arrangers in the Pipeline? [Re: W Tracy Parnell]
mweuch Offline

I don't know what Korg is waiting on while Yamaha been releasing the Genos, some PSRs and now the SX900!

#474812 - 08/21/19 08:29 AM Re: Any New Arrangers in the Pipeline? [Re: W Tracy Parnell]
adimatis Offline

Loc: Oradea, RO
^^^ I think you're right with A and B, and I would like to see C happening too! smile

The main problem I think with arrangers is that they are still too much on the traditional side, despite various attempts, they are yet to combine MIDI and audio in a way that is relevant to today's music. If they only introduced a more flexibility and randomness in the way styles work for instance... Yamaha is making steps though with Genos. But I think it is still a along way to go.

It may be different across the map, but there will always be a place for arrangers. I just hope they will manage to stay relevant, so that more people will become players.

#474820 - 08/21/19 11:48 AM Re: Any New Arrangers in the Pipeline? [Re: mweuch]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By mweuch
I don't know what Korg is waiting on while Yamaha been releasing the Genos, some PSRs and now the SX900!

Korg release a new high end arranger every 4 years
They still seem to be on a very strict developments schedule
You can’t hurry those things..

Its not like they wait 2 years after development to release an instrument
And released to early, it will miss features, content and be bug loaded..

So expect a new pa5x or whatever its called in around oktober..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online