SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#465417 - 01/29/19 06:59 PM I tried the Casio CT-X700 for the first time!
BradgeMusicTube Offline

A friend of mine bought a Casio CT-X700 today but he wanted to have it delivered to my place because of work and stuff. He DID tell me to unbox it and play with it a bit and well... That's exactly what it did:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWYO740u-jw&feature=youtu.be
Unboxing (Under a minute)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gYaj2jEdsQ&feature=youtu.be
Improvisation in A Minor (Veerrrryy 80s)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfWX4_bqrQ0&feature=youtu.be
A Dancy Maroon 5 Song. (With a great Electric Guitar in the Intro)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TOQPulmLpI&feature=youtu.be
A great Abba Classic. (Listen to the Phaser on the Electric Piano)

My first impressions are, WOW! Is this machine REALLY only 200 bucks? It sounds very punchy, has a lot of great sounds, versatile tones (megavoices, lol) a couple of really good styles, and it looks stunning.

When i played it i was still overwhelmed with how it sounded, but i dislike the keybed, i was playing in constant fear of playing too hard, not that a key would break off, but it feels very flimsy.

Does anyone else has experienced this machine?

#465435 - 01/30/19 06:50 AM Re: I tried the Casio CT-X700 for the first time! [Re: BradgeMusicTube]
Dnj Offline

Thanx for the video,....but My first impressions are, WOW! this machine REALLY sounds like 200 bucks!! surprised Should sell well in the big box stores to the masses of Xmas shoppers, but in no way it is in a class of any TOTL/MOTL arranger/piano KB's on the market today.
After all it's a Casio and if I'm being honest probably cost them just about $50.00 US to produce in the factory.
You always get what you pay for.

take care

Edited by Dnj (01/30/19 06:51 AM)

#465436 - 01/30/19 06:50 AM Re: I tried the Casio CT-X700 for the first time! [Re: BradgeMusicTube]
Riceroni9 Offline

Loc: TX, USA
Thanks for sharing. I listened to the Maroon 5 "Jagger" thing. You appear to be enjoying yourself... and it is a nice looking keyboard... for $200 bucks. I will certainly give it a "once over" (tire kick) next time I'm in a big box music store... if they have one. Most of them don't understand or even know "arranger KB's exist."

#465444 - 01/30/19 08:13 AM Re: I tried the Casio CT-X700 for the first time! [Re: BradgeMusicTube]
BradgeMusicTube Offline

I can totally understand why people say that it only costs $200, and to be honest, when i played with my PSR-E403 afterwards i had no clue how big the difference was.

I think that i was overwhelmed because of the price and some sounds, but the PSR-E series are 100 bucks more but are much better sounding and playing, something about rose coloured glasses.

Sure, if it's either a CT-X700 or a PSR-E263 or 363, go for this. But if it's either a CT-X700 or a PSR-E463? Go for the PSR.

Same with CT-X5000 vs PSR-S670, go for the PSR.

#465450 - 01/30/19 08:35 AM Re: I tried the Casio CT-X700 for the first time! [Re: BradgeMusicTube]
TedS Offline

Loc: North Texas, USA
The CT-X3000 has an impressive spec, Yamaha doesn't offer anywhere near the features at that price point. Unfortunately Casio has flimsy keys that work loose after only a little playing. So factor in the cost of a decent 61-key controller, AND a class-compliant USB-midi interface to connect it. You're back in PSR-S670 territory. And you have more pieces to haul around.

Honestly, it's a shame Casio doesn't offer the X3000 or X5000 as a module WITH MIDI DIN connectors. The sound is pretty good and the feature set is complete!

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online