SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#453258 - 06/07/18 11:09 AM Software/app to make PDF files for iPad
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
I know I have seen info on here but I can't find it. Might be dated info now anyway. I have an iPad and want to convert Word doc lyric sheets to .pdf files. Or since I have written notes on some of them with a pen/pencil, maybe shooting a pic is better. Anyone have an opinion about what is a good app, circa 2018? Ease of finding a title and also using a footswitch is important. Thanks!

#453263 - 06/07/18 12:38 PM Re: Software/app to make PDF files for iPad [Re: SemiLiveMusic]
mellow1 Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
My Word 2007 has a save as .pdf function. I thought all versions of Word had this as well.

Skip

Also, I use Dropbox to put .pdf files on my ipad

#453264 - 06/07/18 12:48 PM Re: Software/app to make PDF files for iPad [Re: SemiLiveMusic]
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
Sure, no problem converting to pdf, but then want software/app to put them in for ease of display and organization.

#453265 - 06/07/18 01:10 PM Re: Software/app to make PDF files for iPad [Re: SemiLiveMusic]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Bill, normally computers printers have Print --- Copy --- Scan. I scan the document, it saves the scan to my computer. Scanning is like taken a picture, the results is a PDF.

If your iPad is an apple product than you should have downloaded iTunes to your computer.(Free) A wire from Ipad to your computer to iTunes, the rest is easy. If you pad is not iPad (Apple) I have no answer.

John C.

#453266 - 06/07/18 01:10 PM Re: Software/app to make PDF files for iPad [Re: SemiLiveMusic]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
I have been using unReal book for years, it works great available at the App Store. When I want to load new sheets I generally use an app from the iTunes Store called SCANNER PRO, I take a photo of the sheet. I then upload it to Google docs once it’s in Google docs not only is it backed up but I can load to any device with a download.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online