Topic Options
#451484 - 05/03/18 05:38 AM Ketron SD9 Demo by Bernie Liwowsky
Dnj Offline

headphone

#451489 - 05/03/18 11:24 AM Re: Ketron SD9 Demo by Bernie Liwowsky [Re: Dnj]
Bernie9 Online   content

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Thanks Donny

As a live performance board, it certainly ranks right up there with the best, if not the best.

#451490 - 05/03/18 12:01 PM Re: Ketron SD9 Demo by Bernie Liwowsky [Re: Bernie9]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Bernie9
Thanks Donny

As a live performance board, it certainly ranks right up there with the best, if not the best.

You just have to listen to a Ketron product and that says it all
if a "LIVE" sound is what your looking for it certainly ranks up there for sure.

#451491 - 05/03/18 12:13 PM Re: Ketron SD9 Demo by Bernie Liwowsky [Re: Dnj]
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
cool
Nice demo, and it does sound good.
As 'usual', 90% of the public is 'old farts' like me and the rest are on the way to that stage of life.

SD9 could be a very interesting addition, but looking back at the support history,
at least from the time back when Audia was espected to arrive, I'll just let it pass......
..... at least until we see what Korg will twist out off the magic box as the next TOTL.
keys
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#451492 - 05/03/18 12:27 PM Re: Ketron SD9 Demo by Bernie Liwowsky [Re: Gunnar Jonny]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Gunnar Jonny
cool
As 'usual', 90% of the public is 'old farts' like me and the rest are on the way to that stage of life.

SD9 could be a very interesting addition, but looking back at the support history,

In reality how many times in the past years have you ever had any keyboard failure of any brand?

#451496 - 05/03/18 01:08 PM Re: Ketron SD9 Demo by Bernie Liwowsky [Re: Dnj]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Originally Posted By Dnj
Originally Posted By Gunnar Jonny
cool

In reality how many times in the past years have you ever had any keyboard failure of any brand?

Only one I ever remember was Ketron SD7.

#451499 - 05/03/18 01:48 PM Re: Ketron SD9 Demo by Bernie Liwowsky [Re: Dnj]
Ketron_AJ Offline

Loc: Middletown, DE
Donny,

I think you should re-phrase your question and ask which keyboard manufacturer has produced a keyboard model that has no record of failure or abnormal operation or released without some bugs/issues in the past year, 2 years or even 10. I would personally love to take a hard look at that board.

#451500 - 05/03/18 02:01 PM Re: Ketron SD9 Demo by Bernie Liwowsky [Re: Dnj]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Keyboard failures during performances, that were not the keyboards fault, but power source problems.... Only one for me...and I gave up on it and it's family of keyboards...

I had a cheap ($500) PSR (Yamaha)... it only had 32 polyphony... and when it exceeded the limit (often)... it would make no sound for at least 10 seconds.... It was a nightmare doing one job..

There is no need to carry backups today... Everybody here has a phone and in a pinch anyone of us can finish a night as a DJ..

It has never happened to me... yet...
I can't say the same for my vocal partners... several times over the years... they have a failure (lose voice)..

#451501 - 05/03/18 02:26 PM Re: Ketron SD9 Demo by Bernie Liwowsky [Re: Dnj]
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Originally Posted By Dnj

Lucky me, mostly picked the good ones, so it's not too many.

1 - KN1000 blown a outlet IC sircuit first thing when powered up. Got new keyboard the same day.
2 - SD1 Volume slider had to be replaced, in fact twice within a couple of years.
3 - SD1 The screen got black and had to be replaced.
4 - SD1 The new screen got a lot of black lines, and then died when just after the new ovner got it. (Still not fixed).

Not too bad during all those years.
Now it remain to see if the 'Plastic Fantastic Genos Made in China' is produced on a good day and ready for a looooong life. smile
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#451502 - 05/03/18 02:39 PM Re: Ketron SD9 Demo by Bernie Liwowsky [Re: Ketron_AJ]
Dnj Offline

Knock on wood I barley ever remembering a catastrophic failure with an arranger kb...except two times years ago on my old Yamaha Psr9000 the screen display went black but was still working had to finish the gig using a flashlight shined on it so I could still see the display menu with no backing light,.................another time same KB.....I had a worn keystrip Yamaha was famous for those failures you'd know it right away from the Blaring sound when you pressed key down YIKES!!, but with patience I was able to order a new strip and replace it.
All my Ketron units performed perfectly and I had almost every one including modules also.
So my point is no need to "DISS" Ketron they make a professions quality unit for sure. Sure things happen one way or another due to human error on every keyboard hopefully never but all in all most have great track records..

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online