SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#451031 - 04/25/18 06:37 AM Arranger for dance and electronic music
Vlad Offline

Loc: USA
Hi all,

I wonder if you can give your feedback on the most suitable arranger for dance and/or electronic music. Style creation from scratch is important as well as modern sounds (especially drums) and arpeggio. I'm thinking about Genos maybe but not sure...

Thank you.

#451036 - 04/25/18 07:44 AM Re: Arranger for dance and electronic music [Re: Vlad]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Just my opinion, and I’m not a big fan of EDM, but Yamaha leads the pack for
electronic dance music styles. Not sure how good Genes is for style creation though. Good luck!

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#451037 - 04/25/18 08:38 AM Re: Arranger for dance and electronic music [Re: Vlad]
Dnj Offline

Sd9 manipulates styles with launch pad and modeling like no other... Would be a great fit for EDM...
KORG Pa4x with KAOSS is a great editing tool also...

I agree with Paul about the editing capabilities of Genos for EDM
but could be wrong, .....

Edited by Dnj (04/25/18 11:18 AM)

#451045 - 04/25/18 10:41 AM Re: Arranger for dance and electronic music [Re: Vlad]
Eric, B Offline

Loc: Ventura, Ca, USA
Playing EDM myself, I find the Genos the best of the pack.
Plus there are free expansion packs over at PSR forum as well as the Yamaha site.
Lots of life control for EDM, multipads, arpeggios etc.
I am also not sure about creating styles from scratch.
Couple of guys over at PSR forum have done an outstanding job on the PSR-970, so I am sure it can be done ...
Eric

#451046 - 04/25/18 11:29 AM Re: Arranger for dance and electronic music [Re: Eric, B]
Bachus Offline

Actually if you want just EDM... and no high quallity acoustic/orchestral instruments and traditional styles...

The mz-x500 from Casio might be your best bet...
So many tools for edm on top of the arranger part...

High quallity keyboard sounds
And top synth sounds..
And so,e very nice tools for style creation
And for style controll..

And a nice demo video showing the versatallity of the pads..

If you can combine all that functionallity with the launchpad feature of Ketron...

Edited by Bachus (04/25/18 01:19 PM)

http://keyszone.boards.net

#451065 - 04/25/18 04:53 PM Re: Arranger for dance and electronic music [Re: Vlad]
Steve A Offline

Loc: Los Angeles, CA
I am kind of thinking a workstation with sequenced music would give you a much broader landscape of capabilities than any Arranger...

The Kronos with Karma technology I played on Saturday would give you plently of options.....

Just a thought

#451070 - 04/25/18 07:00 PM Re: Arranger for dance and electronic music [Re: Vlad]
zuki Offline

You asked for arranger, I'd say the 4X has many dance type styles and the Karma sounds sure mimic today's dance music.

Also, you could take some dance midis and make styles from them (although I have not tried this feature yet).

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand

#451072 - 04/25/18 07:45 PM Re: Arranger for dance and electronic music [Re: Vlad]
Vlad Offline

Thank you all, then another question: is it possible to combine somehow Fruity Loops with Arranger? Or has anyone tried to import FL into an arranger? I like the sounds of Fruity Loops but I MUST have an arranger cause this is the only way for me to make music.

#451076 - 04/25/18 10:07 PM Re: Arranger for dance and electronic music [Re: Vlad]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By Vlad
Thank you all, then another question: is it possible to combine somehow Fruity Loops with Arranger? Or has anyone tried to import FL into an arranger? I like the sounds of Fruity Loops but I MUST have an arranger cause this is the only way for me to make music.

You can combine any daw (digital audio workstation) with an arranger... as long as you get a good audio imterface for your pc... use midi over usb to connect to the pc.

While FL studio is a great daw to create EDM, its not the best at live performing, for which i would prefer ableton live or propellerheads reason...

The big problem while using an arranger with a daw in a live situation is the lack of integration between the 2. Arrnagers don’t have the free programable buttons and knobs for sedning midi cc and controlling your performance... (altough maybe you could use the pads on the mz-x from casio)

If you want to comtroll a daw live om stage, i would advise adding a specific daw comtroller for that or masterkeyboard... on top of your Arranger.. you might have a look at yhe nektar panorama.. or the arturia keylab... or one of the novation keys...

Another way the incorporate the FL sound in your arranger keyboard, is by recording your FL loop music in audio loops and then upload those audio loops in your arranger (again the casio mz-x is most suited for this). And if you want a sound for live olaying on your keys, make sure your keyboard has sample memmory, and then sample the flstudio sound and upload in your arranger... again the casio mz-x (as well as the Korg arrangers are most suited for this maybe also the Roland ea-7, i personally don’t like the yamaha’s as much for creating sounds from samples, but thats personal prefference i guess)

Before you make a decision, you need to know your workflow... and how the arranger can be part of this.. will you be using loops? Will you be deejaying on your arranger (very well possible) how do you plan making the EDM?

http://keyszone.boards.net

#451085 - 04/26/18 02:14 AM Re: Arranger for dance and electronic music [Re: Bachus]
Vlad Offline

Thank you, but I don't do live stuff I just record music so this shouldn't be a problem.

About importing samples from FL: why do I need to use Audio in any way, can't I just import *.wav files (samples) into Genos or any latest arranger?

What I need is that if I to create my own styles I wanna use other sounds (like in FL especially drums).

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online