#446520 - 02/14/18 06:26 AM New Type of Arranger
Mikem Offline

Loc: Quebec, Canada

#446521 - 02/14/18 06:29 AM Re: New Type of Arranger [Re: Mikem]
Mikem Offline

There's also the iReal Pro App: https://irealpro.com/

Cool!

Maybe, people who want an arranger but don't want to spend a lot of money for one can simply use this. Any thoughts?

Edited by Mikem (02/14/18 06:32 AM)

#446522 - 02/14/18 06:57 AM Re: New Type of Arranger [Re: Mikem]
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway

COOL STUFF! smile

We will probably see a lot more of this kind of sofware in the furure. Looks like it's easy to use as well.

Btw,
Ralf Schink was a Rolang rep some years ago, and made some nice stuff for back then.
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#446523 - 02/14/18 07:08 AM Re: New Type of Arranger [Re: Mikem]
Jerry T Offline

Loc: Phila. 'burbs, Pa. USA
Wow!

#446528 - 02/14/18 09:38 AM Re: New Type of Arranger [Re: Mikem]
Torch Offline

Originally Posted By Mikem
There's also the iReal Pro App: https://irealpro.com/

Cool!

Maybe, people who want an arranger but don't want to spend a lot of money for one can simply use this. Any thoughts?
XMure sounds good as the backing is a recording of real instruments just like Real Tracks of BIAB. However, it's a double-edged sword; it takes up too much space and just about every style is an in-app purchase with very limited choices. Also, if I remember correctly, it doesn't read chord inversions.

I've had IRealb since its beginning. A great practice tool or can be used even for live performance as long as you use just bass and drums for Jazz stuff. The piano and guitar are not quite there in terms of sound quality. Only if the user can load his/her own sf2 or route it to other synths in the same device. For instance, MIDI Voyager Pro (MIDI/Karaoke for Android & IOS) lets you do that. You can load HQ soundfonts. I wrote to them about writing an arranger app. I don''t think the developer understood what I mean by arranger...

Users of these neat apps can't really complain as they are dirt cheap around $10. Then again, many users are saying that they will be more than willing to pay for better sounds and more features.

By the way, Android must be catching up as far as music/MIDI are concerned. I bought a DX7 emulation app for $1 or $2?). I connected a Korg Microkey to my LG phone. It sounded really good and I didn't feel any latency. Just good to know I can use my phone as a module. A great to-y - I mean a tool.
"You Shall Know the Truth, and the Truth will set you free." John 8:32

#446529 - 02/14/18 09:57 AM Re: New Type of Arranger [Re: Mikem]
jingleman Offline

Loc: The Villages, FL, USA
Good find Mike...looks like we see the Dexibell direction for the arranger market.

jingleman

#446534 - 02/14/18 12:00 PM Re: New Type of Arranger [Re: Mikem]
Bachus Offline

Its been around for more then 2 years now, still the number of available styles its extremely low..
It was meant foraddinga companies to the vivo range of dexibell
Seems like development and new styles has come to a halt some time ago..

I gusss by now dexibell considers the app project a fail

Edited by Bachus (02/14/18 12:00 PM)

http://keyszone.boards.net

#446535 - 02/14/18 12:27 PM Re: New Type of Arranger [Re: Bachus]
LatinoMike Online   content

Loc: Southend-on-Sea, UK
My view is that, as the XMURE app has been around for a couple of years, if it really was the answer for arranger users then many professional players would have moved over to it by now.

One of the questions I believe, anybody relying on technology should ask, is can XMURE on an iPad provide everything I need or is a self-contained solution in a keyboard or a sound module a more reliable solution?

To me, I must have good sound quality and the possibility to program virtually any type of rhythm that I want to play.

#446538 - 02/14/18 02:48 PM Re: New Type of Arranger [Re: Gunnar Jonny]
Mikem Offline

Originally Posted By Gunnar Jonny

COOL STUFF! smile

We will probably see a lot more of this kind of sofware in the furure. Looks like it's easy to use as well.

Btw,
Ralf Schink was a Rolang rep some years ago, and made some nice stuff for back then.

I remember Ralf Schink well. He used to demo the Roland Bk-9 (see YouTube). I almost bought one last year, thanks to his expertise.

#446539 - 02/14/18 02:55 PM Re: New Type of Arranger [Re: jingleman]
Mikem Offline

Originally Posted By jingleman
Good find Mike...looks like we see the Dexibell direction for the arranger market.

jingleman

You're welcome, jingleman. I agree with you that this shows Dexibell's direction. It's too bad, but it doesn't seem they are going to go the arranger route. I would love for Dexibell or Roland to make a TOTL arranger. I also love that fact that they have seamless switching. I saw some video demos of the Genos, and when the player switched to another voice, the first was audibly cut. For $6,000.00 (here in Canada), it is unacceptible.

Is it just me, or does the name Dexibell sound silly? Almost like the name of a toy, instead of a serious, pro instrument. I love the fact that their keyboards have unlimited polyphony, though.

Edited by Mikem (02/14/18 02:58 PM)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online