Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#442662 - 12/17/17 11:08 AM Ralf Schink BK5 demo w/ pedals
Dnj Offline

Cool use of the pedals... headphone

#442665 - 12/17/17 11:18 AM Re: Ralf Schink BK5 demo w/ pedals [Re: Dnj]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
He makes that BK5 sound good doesn't he? I had one at home for a couple of weeks, but I didn't get along with it. The BK7m, BkK9 and EA7 all sound much better than it did and of course have way more features.

#442668 - 12/17/17 12:06 PM Re: Ralf Schink BK5 demo w/ pedals [Re: DonM]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By DonM
He makes that BK5 sound good doesn't he? I had one at home for a couple of weeks, but I didn't get along with it. The BK7m, BkK9 and EA7 all sound much better than it did and of course have way more features.

Yes Don Ralf Schink is a master player and demo artist..wow

#442694 - 12/17/17 06:18 PM Re: Ralf Schink BK5 demo w/ pedals [Re: Dnj]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
That does it, I'm taking piano lessons.
John C.

#442698 - 12/17/17 06:37 PM Re: Ralf Schink BK5 demo w/ pedals [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
I took piano lessons when I was just 5 years old. After six months the piano teacher came to my home and offered to give my mother her money back. She said the kid will never learn to play. My mother said he really plays great here at home, and the teaches said, yes, but he only plays what is in his head, not what is on the sheet music. After six months, he still cannot read a note and play it. smile Guess I fooled that old lady. Yeah, I still cannot read the dots, but I had a lot of fun playing since I was just 12 years old.

Merry Christmas, everyone,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#442717 - 12/18/17 01:34 AM Re: Ralf Schink BK5 demo w/ pedals [Re: travlin'easy]
Kabinopus Offline

Loc: Russia
Originally Posted By travlin'easy
I took piano lessons when I was just 5 years old. After six months the piano teacher came to my home and offered to give my mother her money back. She said the kid will never learn to play. My mother said he really plays great here at home, and the teaches said, yes, but he only plays what is in his head, not what is on the sheet music. After six months, he still cannot read a note and play it. smile Guess I fooled that old lady. Yeah, I still cannot read the dots, but I had a lot of fun playing since I was just 12 years old.

Sorry for making the topic going south (is it how it’s called?) but speaking about teacher-student relationships I have, yet sorry, to show you this tutorial. It was produced by Russian Yamaha’s office and intended to show teachers how to conduct a lesson about digital keyboards. On YouTube people commented it as “she’s so scary, the boy must have wet his pants“ and “yes, I thought she was about to beat him up”. I’m quite concerned about something after watching it.

You may just skip it to the middle:

#442722 - 12/18/17 03:12 AM Re: Ralf Schink BK5 demo w/ pedals [Re: Kabinopus]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Since I owned a school of music with over 400 students my thoughts are; you can always learn something from a qualified teacher.

I studied guitar with seven different teachers. Each one added something different to my inherited ability.

When I took trumpet lessons from my old Italian uncle I did not get to touch the trumpet until I went through six months of sophagio (Terrible spelling) That is a music reading course on timing. You said the notes and held them for their duration. (Do Rey Me Fa Sol La Di Do) Never had a problem reading music after that.

Six months of trumpet lessons without touching my trumpet aaaaaaaaah!
John C.

#442727 - 12/18/17 05:55 AM Re: Ralf Schink BK5 demo w/ pedals [Re: Dnj]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
I studied Solfège in college, and it was more about sight singing than just timing. Assigning syllables to the notes, and sight reading the music. Maybe your uncle was using an amended version, but we always used it to train our ear.

#442731 - 12/18/17 06:40 AM Re: Ralf Schink BK5 demo w/ pedals [Re: Dnj]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I learned to play first the trumpet, then guitar (some), then organ, without much help other than high school band. My mother signed me up for piano lessons when I was seven, but I didn't stay with it long. It did however, give me a start as far as learning the keys and notes and we always had a piano and/or organ in the house because she was very accomplished at both, as long as she had music in front of her.
I can read any treble clef line but never paid much attention to the left hand, so started faking it with the chord structure. Learned what little I know about singing on the bandstand and imitating people. That's NOT the way to do it!
I don't think it is destructive to get off topic some, and I love hearing about how the others learned to do what we do, but I do apologize if South isn't the right direction! smile

#442733 - 12/18/17 06:58 AM Re: Ralf Schink BK5 demo w/ pedals [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

does accordion lessons count?

That said I like watching Ralf shink demo better then peter barrtmans any day...

Edited by Dnj (12/18/17 06:59 AM)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online