SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#437909 - 09/25/17 11:39 AM Leadsheet PDF display for Windows
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
I know many players use an Ipad to display leadsheets or scores but what are the preferred Windows programs that do the same thing and what device are you using - a laptop or a tablet?

Deane

#437912 - 09/25/17 12:02 PM Re: Leadsheet PDF display for Windows [Re: hammer]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Pro12 tablet, Mobile Sheets Pro ... Android ... works great ...

#437919 - 09/25/17 12:31 PM Re: Leadsheet PDF display for Windows [Re: hammer]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Deane,

I have been and still on occasion use unreal book for the ipad. However a few months back JerryGr talked about android and Mobile Sheets Pro , It was very impressive, Tony got interested in it too and he purchased the pro12 tablet same one I’m using. In a single night for about 3 hours we worked together and got Tony’s tablet working like a charm. With that said there is a Pro12 version of the software available for Windows 10, so you may want to take a look at that.

I now prefer the Mobile Sheets Pro versus unReal book for a few reasons, one being it’s a piece of cake to set both the Korg Pa series and the Pro12 tablet to communicate with one another. Once ya get ‘em talking I can pull up a
songbook entry on my PA4x and it immediately pulls up the corresponding lead sheet on the Pro12 and vice versa. Yes it can be done on the iPad with a program called Songbook but it’s more work to configure each song and entry with a Yamaha registration. Bottom line I know Tony endorses and I do too Mobile sheets pro. The Pro12 for $227 is a steal and I think there are probably other tablets even priced a bit lower that will do a great job.

#437933 - 09/25/17 05:21 PM Re: Leadsheet PDF display for Windows [Re: hammer]
hammer Offline

Thanks Stephen,
I don't use Windows computers very much but do have some software that runs only on a PC. I am looking at replacing my current PC Laptop and was curious about Windows programs like you mentioned.

Thanks,
Deane

#437935 - 09/25/17 06:55 PM Re: Leadsheet PDF display for Windows [Re: hammer]
kaimei19 Offline

Loc: Victoria, Australia
Hi Deane,

Here's a document attached explaining my setup with a Dell laptop/tablet 2-in-1. I use MusicReader PDF Pro 4.0 to keep my main library of scores in order and have never regretted buying it. I've 6400 scores loaded on it now. Lots of useful features with it including playlists, PDF scanning/editing, annotations, single/half/two page display. My keyboard = Yamaha Tyros 4

cheers,
Phil

Attachments
Organizing and Displaying Sheet Music.pdf (165 downloads)

#437936 - 09/25/17 07:26 PM Re: Leadsheet PDF display for Windows [Re: kaimei19]
hammer Offline

Thanks Phil,
Deane

#437939 - 09/25/17 10:25 PM Re: Leadsheet PDF display for Windows [Re: kaimei19]
Torch Offline

To me, MusicReader is no good. Over the years, I exchanged emails with the programmer of MusicReader. I downloaded it just now. Still the same issues. The same PDF file that looks so clean in any PDF viewer looks blurry in MusicReader. Also, you lose quite a bit of space in MusicReader, and it is not as easy to handle the music as it it is in any PDF viewer.

At home, I'd rather use any PDF reader and a Bluetooth page turner for practice. It is a shame that there is not a single good sheet music viewer for Windows. Even people with an iPad viewer like me or Android are likely to have a or two Windows machines. I'd say the market is big, but no good supplier.

If a person doesn't use music apps, I'd go for an inexpensive, large screen Android tablet.

I think I spoke too soon. Just found out that MobileSheets is also available for Windows besides Android. You can find it in Windows app store. It's only $12,99. Usually desktop versions are much much higher. 15 day demo version, too. I downloaded it just now. It looks very clean, and doesn't waste any space like MusicReader.

Edited by Torch (09/25/17 10:50 PM)
"You Shall Know the Truth, and the Truth will set you free." John 8:32

#437946 - 09/26/17 01:18 AM Re: Leadsheet PDF display for Windows [Re: hammer]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
I have had UnRealbook and iPad for some time, but added Mobilsheets Pro2 to use with my Android tablet. I much prefer Mobilsheets, as I can batch import files, which I can't going through iTunes. Making sets is a snap, also. I just purchased a Pro 12 for $194 thanks to Scott alerting me to a special. The pro 12 is great, and replaces the other Android(13.1) that was knocked to the floor by a dancer(ouch). I have MusicReader on a laptop, but don't get along with it.

#437957 - 09/26/17 07:09 AM Re: Leadsheet PDF display for Windows [Re: hammer]
hammer Offline

Hi Bernie,
I use UnrealBook now and also have GoodReader on my Ipads. I seldom use a Windows or Android device for much of anything. I still use Dan's vArranger and it runs only on Windows so I still keep a Windows laptop around. I have wondered what folks using Windows or Android systems were using. One thing I have noticed is the high price of the apps mentioned here. As you know Unrealbook was a whopping $4.00 as was GoodReader too.

Deane

#437998 - 09/27/17 02:18 AM Re: Leadsheet PDF display for Windows [Re: Bernie9]
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
Originally Posted By Bernie9
I just purchased a Pro 12 for $194 thanks to Scott alerting me to a special. The pro 12 is great, and replaces the other Android(13.1) that was knocked to the floor by a dancer(ouch).

Actually, Bernie, you got a better deal than that at $94. I love mine that's for sure.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online