SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#437926 - 09/25/17 03:15 PM Home use Pa4x or Tyros5
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
As a home player would a Pa4x or a Tyros5 be the best choice using senior, lie rock and Latin type of music?

The Pa4x is without doubt the choice for playing out – more drive more excitement for dancers. What are the features on a Tyros 5 that would make it be my choice?

I know it depends on my desires – What I would like is your personal opinion. What would you do?
Thank you, John C.

#437943 - 09/26/17 12:37 AM Re: Home use Pa4x or Tyros5 [Re: bruno123]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
I personally would take the PA4x due to its flexibility, editing and live sound, the T5 with its canned boring and repetitive styles, limited capabilities and no touch screen (Which puts it a decade behind the Korg) is just unforgivable. (And don’t get me going on the awful SA2 sounds (Standard SA is great) which do things to the sound that no player would)

Bill

#437945 - 09/26/17 12:51 AM Re: Home use Pa4x or Tyros5 [Re: bruno123]
Bernie9 Online   content

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Just to be a contrarian, while Bill has good points that I agree with, some may favor the organ world and ensemble mode over editing, for example. Where as I must admit I have never played a Tyros5, the features had a certain appeal at the time.

#437947 - 09/26/17 02:15 AM Re: Home use Pa4x or Tyros5 [Re: bruno123]
Bachus Offline

I owned both...

For me its the pa4x, for many many reasons..

Unless you are not prepared to edit a style to make it your own..
In which case Yamaha with the much larger selection of available styles is a wiser choice

http://keyszone.boards.net

#437950 - 09/26/17 05:01 AM Re: Home use Pa4x or Tyros5 [Re: bruno123]
Dnj Offline

PA4x hands down

#437955 - 09/26/17 06:46 AM Re: Home use Pa4x or Tyros5 [Re: Bernie9]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By Bernie9
Just to be a contrarian, while Bill has good points that I agree with, some may favor the organ world and ensemble mode over editing, for example. Where as I must admit I have never played a Tyros5, the features had a certain appeal at the time.

I definately miss the ensemble voices, they where incredible. For live playabillity it outperforms all VST´s like kontakt orchestral libraries (these have comparable features, but more aimed at studio use) Actually the only thing that comes close in playabillity is Roland live sets on the Jupiter 80 and the SN brass expansion for the Roland Phantom,,,

but as an arranger korg has taken a few steps ahead where it comes to
- direct access, buttons for fills, and more fun tools
- assignable sliders
- Midi file to style, which works quite well in V2
- edditing of styles, espescially the drum sounds (they have 8 sepperate channels)
- edditing of sounds, full onboard edditing comparable to many synths
- Joystick and touchstrip
- Songbook, learn to love it.... and set list
- keyboard sets, are fully configurable on their own including effects, so they allways sound the same and dont change when you switch styles
- looks way better then the T5, also much better buildquallity
- chord sequencer on board (very usefull for everyone)
- much bigger sample rom, which really makes a difference in sound quallity

All these things made me forget about the T5 rather fast i didnt miss organ world and other thigns at all... and the latest DNC sounds are on par with the Yamaha SA2 voices.

Only thing i still miss is those incredible ensemble voices,,

Edited by Bachus (09/26/17 06:47 AM)

http://keyszone.boards.net

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online