SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#436457 - 08/24/17 01:05 AM Good old Ketron and a pinch of Korg....
john smies Offline

Loc: koudekerke, Holland.

Currently working on a new home-made CD on which my old Yamaha P80 piano will feature prominently now that I have fallen in love with the acoustic piano sound. Also stimulated by the contribution of three different female singers and very much looking forward to the results.
However this does not entail that I have given up on arranger keyboards alltogether. I still have the dated Ketron SD1 and the Korg PA800. Below a link to a song that I recently recorded using basically the Ketron with a slight touch ( sax solo) of PA800.

kind regards,
John Smies

Attachments
HEARTBEAT.mp3 (73 downloads)

#436462 - 08/24/17 04:11 AM Re: Good old Ketron and a pinch of Korg.... [Re: john smies]
Dnj Offline

Hi John,.....first of all good luck with your CD project...for this tune if I'm being honest I will say Love the song great nostalgic "Dianaesq/ Buddy Holly" style beat,....good catchy lyrics,......vocal timing needs a bit of work, vocal was a bit too up front and needed fx processing so that everything sits balanced in the overall mix IMO. Voc Harmony was a bit odd at places to my ear also but that can all be corrected down the road easily, Sax solo should be more up front and watch timing there too,.....I know this is a work in progress and I cant wait to hear the finished product,..wish you much luck....

thanx for sharing.

Edited by Dnj (08/24/17 06:58 AM)

#436473 - 08/24/17 07:01 AM Re: Good old Ketron and a pinch of Korg.... [Re: Dnj]
john smies Offline

Hi Donny,

Thanks for feedback, appreciated as always. Well as said it is still " a work in progress " though I am not sure the balance between vocals and music is out of sync, wonder what others may have to say on that. As to vocal harmony, I was just singing along with myself there, I have done so many recordings with the PA800 vocaliser that I thought I would try and stay away from it this time. I won't be needing them for the piano + female vocals anyway so now may be the moment to try and do without...
thanks again,

John

#436475 - 08/24/17 07:05 AM Re: Good old Ketron and a pinch of Korg.... [Re: john smies]
Dnj Offline

Your very welcome John as always, I know you will have a successful CD when done..

PS.....can't believe over 75+ people have listened and wont reply?....

all the best take care

#436502 - 08/25/17 12:02 AM Re: Good old Ketron and a pinch of Korg.... [Re: Dnj]
john smies Offline

Originally Posted By Dnj
Your very welcome John as always, I know you will have a successful CD when done..

PS.....can't believe over 75+ people have listened and wont reply?....

all the best take care

.....158 and counting......... frown

#436505 - 08/25/17 12:33 AM Re: Good old Ketron and a pinch of Korg.... [Re: john smies]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Great job John I really enjoyed that. I like not having too much FX on the vocal, makes it seem more natural to me. But I agree with Donny that the vocal could have been a little lower, just above the backing music. Other than that I think you nailed it.

#436554 - 08/26/17 10:24 AM Re: Good old Ketron and a pinch of Korg.... [Re: Nigel]
john smies Offline

thanks Nigel and Donny.
Looks like with nearly 300 views and 50 downloads and no further comments it must either be pretty lousy or pretty good.....
Shame though that none of them had anything to comment on.
I guess a new arranger keyboard would definitely be more interesting to comment on smile

regards
John

#436555 - 08/26/17 11:50 AM Re: Good old Ketron and a pinch of Korg.... [Re: john smies]
broker22 Offline

I will make a comment for you John I am no pro. but I enjoyed listening to it and it sounded all right to me. Cal

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online