SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#432690 - 06/08/17 03:13 AM Korg Rules...
Bachus Offline

I am still wondering how its possible that Korg currently is master in so many parts of the keyboard world.

- Best Arranger (PA4x)
- Best and most advanced Synthesizer workstation (Kronos)
- Best Ipad App for creating music (gadget)

And now they are slowly moving to Macs and Pc's with the new Gadget for OSX.

One would almost ask yourself, why is everyone else sleeping?

http://keyszone.boards.net

#432691 - 06/08/17 03:45 AM Re: Korg Rules... [Re: Bachus]
Bernie9 Online   content

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
While essentially agreeing, it may do them well to finish the ones they have before racing Hell-bent on more new. In particular, the Pa4x. I have no problems and think it's great, but according to some Korgies, there are quite a few areas that have not been addressed.

#432698 - 06/08/17 08:12 AM Re: Korg Rules... [Re: Bachus]
mirza Offline

Loc: london,ontario.canada
It's probably because they listen to what people want , and not trying to dumb and water down their gear or more importantly their customers.

TYROS 5,BEHRINGER X32PRODUCER,YAMAHA DSR112,JBL PRX618s XLF,EV ZLX12p,SENNHEISER E945,....ETC

#432705 - 06/08/17 10:26 AM Re: Korg Rules... [Re: Bachus]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Go back over the years and you will find most manufactures have a selection of good years, and while Korg is currently top, it will be replaced by another manufacture in the future. (It’s the way of the world)

Bill

#432734 - 06/09/17 01:57 AM Re: Korg Rules... [Re: Bernie9]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By Bernie9
While essentially agreeing, it may do them well to finish the ones they have before racing Hell-bent on more new. In particular, the Pa4x. I have no problems and think it's great, but according to some Korgies, there are quite a few areas that have not been addressed.

While very vocal, there is only a very very small group reporting problems with the pa4x, and thats people truely creating new things... and even then mostly because of using incompatible source material...

There are quite some pa4x players on this website, and none of them have reported any real problems...

To me the pa4x works like a dream... same goes for the kronos... as well as the Ipad apps...

#432735 - 06/09/17 01:59 AM Re: Korg Rules... [Re: mirza]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By mirza
It's probably because they listen to what people want , and not trying to dumb and water down their gear or more importantly their customers.

Actually, looks like Korg is listening to "pro" players
While Yamaha (i will give it a name) is mostly trying to adapt to home players

Strange thing is, in the end they are both just following where the money is...

#432737 - 06/09/17 02:02 AM Re: Korg Rules... [Re: abacus]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By abacus
Go back over the years and you will find most manufactures have a selection of good years, and while Korg is currently top, it will be replaced by another manufacture in the future. (It’s the way of the world)

Bill

Kronos has been top for 5 years now, pa4x for 2 years and Gadget for 3 years...

I think i see a pattern... and thats probably because of how Korg tries to make what people want... while the competition makes what they think people want... there is a major difference...

#432740 - 06/09/17 04:59 AM Re: Korg Rules... [Re: Bachus]
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
its those few issues with PA4X that have deterred me from buying it. I am one of the few that likes to rinse every feature of the instrument and not just plug in and play. Until Korg can sort out the bugs with the PA4X then folks are justified in holding back on what is a very expensive purchase.

#432745 - 06/09/17 06:00 AM Re: Korg Rules... [Re: Bachus]
Dnj Offline

Been a Korg fan since their first arranger kb they made the SAS20 Professional in the mid 80s I remember it well,...I've had every other one since then thru the Pa4x...and many synths also like the M1, etc,.....but they have definitely hit the mark with the Pax in so many ways and remain top of the heap.

#432777 - 06/09/17 10:50 PM Re: Korg Rules... [Re: Bachus]
guitpic1 Offline

Loc: Missouri
Originally Posted By Bachus
Originally Posted By Bernie9

While very vocal, there is only a very very small group reporting problems with the pa4x, and thats people truely creating new things... and even then mostly because of using incompatible source material...

There are quite some pa4x players on this website, and none of them have reported any real problems...

To me the pa4x works like a dream... same goes for the kronos... as well as the Ipad apps...

My PA4X works fine.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online